Very specific glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Ope, you caught me right as I was editing my comment haha. They've been mostly 12" softball gloves so who knows at this point
Grace Lyons told my DD she prefers a 11.5" baseball glove (although I think based upon the Rawlings available to her she uses 11.75")

Jun 8, 2016
If you buy from JustBallGloves, you can order different models/sizes and then return the ones you don't like
and get full credit back.

"
I can't decide between models. What are my options?

Ordering a new baseball glove or softball glove may seem overwhelming because of the wide selection we offer. Besides our detailed descriptions of each glove, one way we make the purchasing process easier is that you can purchase multiple gloves and try all of them on. This allows you to feel, touch, and compare the gloves for yourself. Then after choosing the baseball or softball glove you are most satisfied with you may ship the other glove(s) back to us and receive full credit. You will be credited within one hour upon the arrival of the returned glove(s) you did not wish to keep.
"

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wow you’ve been on top of it this morning, thank you!! You're right, anything is worlds better than what I have, so definitely feeling overwhelmed by the options 😂 I've seen other 12" Pro Selects and the ball seems to get lost in the pocket a bit. Do you think I'd have that same problem with an 11.75?
Nope, this 11.75" I-web looks just like what you're after, especially at 2B. My only concern is the hand stall size....never held one of these before?

Jun 8, 2016
My only concern is the hand stall size....never held one of these before?
Hmm..I can snap a pic of the 11.5" version with my hand in it later if I remember. It doesn't seem overly
big to me and I don't have huge hands for a 6" male..

Mar 12, 2023
If you buy from JustBallGloves, you can order different models/sizes and then return the ones you don't like
and get full credit back.

"
I can't decide between models. What are my options?

Ordering a new baseball glove or softball glove may seem overwhelming because of the wide selection we offer. Besides our detailed descriptions of each glove, one way we make the purchasing process easier is that you can purchase multiple gloves and try all of them on. This allows you to feel, touch, and compare the gloves for yourself. Then after choosing the baseball or softball glove you are most satisfied with you may ship the other glove(s) back to us and receive full credit. You will be credited within one hour upon the arrival of the returned glove(s) you did not wish to keep.
"
Oh this is nice!
I can't tell by the pics of your old glove, do you wear it traditional or finger shift TIP?
I’ve been thinking about that. Right now I play traditional with my index outside the glove, but I finger shift when I catch, so I’m not opposed to the idea at all. Why do you ask?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Oh this is nice!

I’ve been thinking about that. Right now I play traditional with my index outside the glove, but I finger shift when I catch, so I’m not opposed to the idea at all. Why do you ask?
Because of hand stall size. With TIP you probably (hopefully) won’t have an issue with hand stall size or wrist opening size. The angle your hand enters the glove takes up more space than with traditional. And it gives you a stronger grip to help deal with a new stiff glove.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@pattar makes a good point with JBG, I’ve never bought from them before (I think?) but they do have a great return policy!

Both of those Mizuno’s will work for what you’re after, you just need to decide of the web? Remember, that Black I-web will play a little more shallow and flatter than that Tan H-web, which will play deeper.

If I were solely playing 2B, I’d order the I-web. For SS, take your pick, for 3B I’d definitely go with the H-web!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619