Very specific glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Build yourself a custom Asian spec Gloveworks glove with their Pro-Steerhide leather, you absolutely can not beat it for the money, plus the Asian spec gloves have a smaller hand stall. Blows a Pro 44 glove away!!

Mar 12, 2023
Just opened my eyes, let me get to work and I’ll give a proper reply. @Lemond is right, normally I’d recommend a Rawlings, and in your situation….a Pro1000!

But, it seems that that Mizuno has served you very well, why not a better Mizuno to get you to the finish line?

Do yourself a favor, scrap the Pro 44 idea!
Wow you’ve been on top of it this morning, thank you!! You're right, anything is worlds better than what I have, so definitely feeling overwhelmed by the options 😂 I've seen other 12" Pro Selects and the ball seems to get lost in the pocket a bit. Do you think I'd have that same problem with an 11.75?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023
If you want to stick with Mizuno:

I have a 11.5” model and I think the 11.75” would be fine for 12” ball at 2b. Only issue is it does take a bit of time to break in. You might also be able to find a good deal on a 12” model as well.
I'm loving the look of these deals!

Jun 8, 2016
Wow you’ve been on top of it this morning, thank you!! You're right, anything is worlds better than what I have, so definitely feeling overwhelmed by the options 😂 I've noticed the ball gets lost in the pocket more than others with the Pro-Selects I've seen, and I'm hoping for something that allows much quicker transfers
What size Pro-Selects have you seen? Doubt a 11.75" baseball glove will have an issue with transfers but if so
you can always go with the 11.5" I have :)love:...I love small gloves.. :LOL: )

Mar 12, 2023
What size Pro-Selects have you seen? Doubt a 11.75" baseball problem will have an issue with transfers but if so
you can always go with 11.5" :love: (I love small gloves..)
Ope, you caught me right as I was editing my comment haha. They've been mostly 12" softball gloves so who knows at this point

Mar 12, 2023
Build yourself a custom Asian spec Gloveworks glove with their Pro-Steerhide leather, you absolutely can not beat it for the money, plus the Asian spec gloves have a smaller hand stall. Blows a Pro 44 glove away!!
ooooo what is this? Anna's Dad I need help narrowing down options not finding even more! 😂

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619