Twitter blowing up about 7th grade rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2022
I have also seen a number of top 25 play with many legit and more than a couple absolutely fabricated BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Local player was supposedly top (single digit #) in the country. It took her 2 years to crack the top 10 hitting IN HER HS CONFERENCE. My wife saw her play and thought she must have been injured because no one on a Nowhereville high school team stood out playing against our Hooterville high school team. Energy or performance. Sure enough the next morning the headlines screamed “what a dominant performance by the P5 recruit”. Her dad is part of the Softball Media Mafia. Her “ranking” convinced her P5 coaches that she needed gobs of playing time as a freshman. I am personally disgusted by this crap. I am also personally disgusted that college coaches buy into this bs and it seems to inform playing time decisions. You would think they could sort this stuff out better.

Jan 1, 2023
If someone subscribes and can send me a screenshot for Pitchers Primary (it’s just a list of names) from 20-50, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
A player signs to a P5 in Arizona. Left after the fall. Transferred to an SEC team. Had 3 AB's in 2 years. Transferred to a D3. Sub .250 batting avg. Over hype, Under perform perhaps.

Aug 5, 2022
Kids grow, kids change. Some kids are over hyped. Some aren’t. My kid has been ranked top 100 since these rankings came out. Class of 2024. She’s played on the best team she can against the best competition she can since she was 10 yrs old. Her high school plays one of the toughest high school schedules in the country. Fielding is her biggest asset. She’s got great speed and a lifetime batting average just under 400. She’s never had eye popping seasons over 500 but she’s never had shitty ones under 250 either. Only time will tell if she hits and plays at the next level and if we placed her correctly. There are kids ranked above her that cannot hit their way out of a paper bag against good competition. There are kids ranked below her that are solid players. It’s all a crap shoot

Aug 5, 2022
I’m thinking having a modest Mom to keep her well-grounded is her second biggest asset..am I close?

Lol I try not to blow to much smoke up her rear. As you all know raising daughters is so hard especially in this age of social media and rankings. Letting them make their decisions and hoping to god it’s the right one and they’ll get to go and play and have the time of their lives for 4 more years because reality is that’s it for most. Also hoping that somewhere along the way we’ve raised good humans that are going to be as successful in life as they’ve been on the field

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
The lists are certainly subjective and have flaws, but I've found that the top 20, perhaps even top 50 are pretty solid. In the 2027 group, we've played against most of the girls and they are worthy of their spots on these lists.

The problem I have with the list is that the top 20 is usually 50 kids and the top 50 is usually 125 with all of the “ties”. So your top 100 is usually a 200+ list of kids whose parents buy a subscription to see their kids write up and post it on Twitter. Clever marketing ploy.

Oct 4, 2018
The problem I have with the list is that the top 20 is usually 50 kids and the top 50 is usually 125 with all of the “ties”. So your top 100 is usually a 200+ list of kids whose parents buy a subscription to see their kids write up and post it on Twitter. Clever marketing ploy.

Legends and Legacy has ties at each position. Extra Innings doesn't. I agree, being tied for 78th with 6 other girls is extra silly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06