Turning the barrel 5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rdbass,

Is this where you say TTB and swing forward is combined?

I say turn the barrel forward towards the ball. Just because some turn THEN go as opposed to turning the barrel AND going forward at the same time. Hence the 'turn the barrel forward'. The swing starts off 'rotational' and then becomes 'linear'. If the swing continued 'rotational', other than on a pitch in side. That 'rotational' swing would be 'around' the the body and not 'out from' the body 'linear'.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I say turn the barrel forward towards the ball. Just because some turn THEN go as opposed to turning the barrel AND going forward at the same time. Hence the 'turn the barrel forward'. The swing starts off 'rotational' and then becomes 'linear'. If the swing continued 'rotational', other than on a pitch in side. That 'rotational' swing would be 'around' the the body and not 'out from' the body 'linear'.

Very good answer, very informative.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Work=wins,

Is this linear enough for you,

giphy.gif

Is this TTB from the start or is the bat the last link to rotate (lag position, pendulum effect)?

It's after tip . To me it's the transition into the 'long through' portion of the swing . Setting up the whip

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30