Turning the barrel 5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Does Brett have the bat resting on his shoulder at the beginning of the swing? It looks like it is resting on his shoulder to me.

giphy.gif

In a book Hitting Biomechanics, they said Brett had one of the most efficient swing planes they ever studied.

Looks to me like the tee is placed in the center of the plate and the ball is being pulled to right field (leftie).

Is this part of what Hitting Biomechanics considers efficient?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Looks to me like the tee is placed in the center of the plate and the ball is being pulled to right field (leftie).

Is this part of what Hitting Biomechanics considers efficient?

They didn't get into specifics, they just said it was efficient and one of the most efficient they ever studied.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Sure ... this is the post I believe you are referring to ...

Let me ask you a few questions.

Do you believe in two separate engines ... torso/hip-engine and forearm/hand-engine? Assuming that you do, which engine goes first? If the forearm/hand-engine goes last, then is it truly a trigger? If it isn't a trigger, is it truly the best timing mechanism?

Not really. I believe in kinetic chain or sequence. One thing reacts to the other . But as far as firing the swing off . The hands/arms have to create resistance and the chain reacts . Kinda like a whip. The Stan Musial GIF that floats around with the red arrows come to mind from a feel stand point . When the hands/arms stop resisting the swing is fired. Hence hands/trigger description.

Sorry for late response.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Not really. I believe in kinetic chain or sequence. One thing reacts to the other . But as far as firing the swing off . The hands/arms have to create resistance and the chain reacts . Kinda like a whip. The Stan Musial GIF that floats around with the red arrows come to mind from a feel stand point . When the hands/arms stop resisting the swing is fired. Hence hands/trigger description.

Sorry for late response.

That isn't the Musial clip you were referring to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01