Turning the barrel 5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Yes. My definition of turn the barrel is applied to the short to part of the swing , the loading of the barrel, the direction/go part of the swing. After the pause Barry takes a direct path to the ball. Lol. I might catch some for that. The path is rotational to linear in my estimation. But mainly linear . I'm am really digging myself a hole. Lol.

That is funny stuff! ^^^^^^^^

ian

Jun 11, 2015
So is Brett starting already tilted? Instead of tilting at initiation? I see his/this tilting in fastpitch hitters, although not so much in MLB hitters. I see it in youth hitters as well.

Do you see him start "already tilted"??

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Do you think the arm/arms tilt to create a tilting action? Is it just the upper/lower torso that creates the tilting, and the arms follow? Or is it like in Epstein's video and info where you tilt (arms, swing plane) the upperbody and the torso tilts to accommodate the tilting of the swing plane?

Did any of that make any sense?

A player can "tilt" with all the parts you mentioned and some you didnt.

I think the correct tilt happens when a player has depth in their swing. When they start the barrel path behind them.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That is funny stuff! ^^^^^^^^

It wasn't a distasteful remark Ian. It was Shawn asking the question in his mind and then on paper then asking if it makes sense? that made me chuckle. I do that all the time. Notice my many retractions and apologies all over the place. Geez I just did it yesterday. I confused another poster with my post. I am grown and don't play silly games . Insults are counter productive . Apologies for the mix up.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It wasn't a distasteful remark Ian. It was Shawn asking the question in his mind and then on paper then asking if it makes sense? that made me chuckle. I do that all the time. Notice my many retractions and apologies all over the place. Geez I just did it yesterday. I confused another poster with my post. I am grown and don't play silly games . Insults are counter productive . Apologies for the mix up.

It is so much simpler to show physically then to type out with words.:D

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes. My definition of turn the barrel is applied to the short to part of the swing , the loading of the barrel, the direction/go part of the swing. After the pause Barry takes a direct path to the ball. Lol. I might catch some for that. The path is rotational to linear in my estimation. But mainly linear . I'm am really digging myself a hole. Lol.

Work=wins,

Is this linear enough for you,

giphy.gif

Is this TTB from the start or is the bat the last link to rotate (lag position, pendulum effect)?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors