Turning the barrel 5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
A predictive model, e.g. you can throw any pitch and have your model react to it as Bonds would (if he was the basis for the model)? One which involves a brain,
muscle, tendons, etc?? I am not one to say anything is impossible but that is about as close to as impossible as one gets...plus if somebody did do something like that
I would hope they would use it on something more important, like say, determining a cure for cancer or at least determining the best course of treatment for a given type of cancer(
since a cure is such a far reach as there are so many different types of cancers).

Lets get a functional mechanical model first and then work on the predictive.

More money in treatment than cure.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Are you saying Bonds doesnt continue to turn the barrel after the pause in the first Gif?

Didnt spend a lot of time looking at the go/no go gifs.

Yes. My definition of turn the barrel is applied to the short to part of the swing , the loading of the barrel, the direction/go part of the swing. After the pause Barry takes a direct path to the ball. Lol. I might catch some for that. The path is rotational to linear in my estimation. But mainly linear . I'm am really digging myself a hole. Lol.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Does Brett have the bat resting on his shoulder at the beginning of the swing? It looks like it is resting on his shoulder to me.

giphy.gif

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Does Brett have the bat resting on his shoulder at the beginning of the swing? It looks like it is resting on his shoulder to me.

giphy.gif

I'd say the barrel is touching his shoulder but it is not resting. The bat is moving.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs