Tubo Slot Gloves Good or Bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
Just want some of the esteemed folks on here's opinion on the Turbo Slot Gloves.
Are they good or not? Also for proper use is the bat placed above the pad tight to the index finger?

Thanks gang!!
Mike

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Just want some of the esteemed folks on here's opinion on the Turbo Slot Gloves.
Are they good or not? Also for proper use is the bat placed above the pad tight to the index finger?

Thanks gang!!
Mike

I have a kid that uses them and swears by them. Can't convince the kid to use a different glove.

Also can't find a supply of them in my local area any more. Anyone have a link to place that sells them?

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Thanks gang!!
Mike

My daughter wont use anything else.

Straightleg

May 11, 2009
OK now for proper use....bat pad and index finger or bat right on top of pad?

Thanks again.
Mike

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I have these gloves and I also don't use anything else. Getting to the point where I don't like hitting without them, honestly. As for proper use, I've never paid that much attention to it. Grab a bat, make sure my knuckles are lined up, and go.

Nov 8, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
We love those gloves!

Both my daughters will not go up to bat without them. I wish the originals were still available. I don't like the Easton's because they feel cheap and the price is significantly higher. When you use them you will see the ball just jump off the bat. We swear by them. The purpose of the gloves is to force you to hold the bat with your fingers and to keep the bat from wedging up into the palm of your hand at impact. Go with whatever feels natural.

Last edited:

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
I have these gloves and I also don't use anything else. Getting to the point where I don't like hitting without them, honestly. As for proper use, I've never paid that much attention to it. Grab a bat, make sure my knuckles are lined up, and go.

I have said many times how you hold the bat will depend on how you apply leverage to the bat in my opinion.

Simply pinch the thumb to the side of the glove and the bat can not get into the back of the hand and you can apply more leverage to the ball through your hands.

Test it yourself...get to the point of contact with the bat ON the pad and then have someone gently try to push the bat rearward and you will feel the bat move 6 to 8 inches rearward before you can apply any resistance.

Now repeat by pinching the thumb against the index finger so the bat stays in front of or in fingers of your hand by the index finger pad. When rearward force is applied you can provide resistance immediately.

When hitting the ball this resistance allows you to continue forward in lieu of the bat traveling rearward and you not being able to drive the ball thus reducing leverage in my opinion.

We also do not line up the finger knuckles as they are offset to my wedding ring slightly.

In my opinion hold you grip the bat effects the transition of connection to bat lag and I feel the bat wanting to release out ward towards my thumb when the bat is held in the back of my hand.

Using a Swing Speed Radar unit we have measured a 2 to 4 MPH difference in bat speed by keeping the bat OUT of the back of the hand.

Thanks Howard

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13