Trying to convert to IR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Do not........I repeat......DO NOT finish at the oppo shoulder.......EVER........Unless you are working on a high outside rising curveball.

Work on following through with pronation TOWARD THE TARGET.......with a relaxed unforced finished.......and re-flexion of the elbow joint after release.

If you follow my advice, this kid will become really good throwing the ball underhand. A prerequisite to becoming a high level pitcher.

Sep 14, 2014
Thanks BM. She is a work in progress and so far, both of us are enjoying working towards better mechanics. Really enjoying getting to spend quality time with my 10y/o DD!:)

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Do not........I repeat......DO NOT finish at the oppo shoulder.......EVER........Unless you are working on a high outside rising curveball.

Interesting! So, when a pitcher is throwing her rise-curve, the follow through of her hand may end up at the opposite shoulder?

Jul 14, 2008
Would the flip change be an exception to this as well?

Including flip, backdoor, horseshoe...........Etc. Etc. Etc......

2m3jq6f.gif

2r23g2g.gif

28a555u.gif

Mar 12, 2009
Thanks Ken. Not sure how to make slow motion work on you tube, however original video is from ubersence. We are excited about BHH coming to our town next weekend fot 2 lessons and we are trying to get her mechanics as far along as possible between now and then.

smashdad, I'm sure you will be excited to tell Bill you've been working on IR but he will tell you people are putting too much emphasis on it so I just want to give you a heads up before you go..."oh man...really". Also, he will tell you to have the ball facing 3rd at the top and I'm sure you've read here that most prefer the ball to be facing the catcher. When watching clips of Bill pitching, I see the ball facing the catcher so take that for what it's worth. It looks like you have been watching Bill's videos and are preparing her to finish towards the opposite shoulder. Wrong or right...Bill will like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321