Trying to convert to IR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2014
My DD is trying to change to IR mechanics. We have found a local PC who is helping us a ton. I would appreciate any other comments or advice. This is her trying to perform BM's C drill.[video=youtube_share;nWrjXn4nZiQ]http://youtu.be/nWrjXn4nZiQ[/video]

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Looks like the conversion was successful! I can't watch the clip in slow motion right now, but I don't think I'll see any issues. Great work!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
Thanks Ken. Not sure how to make slow motion work on you tube, however original video is from ubersence. We are excited about BHH coming to our town next weekend fot 2 lessons and we are trying to get her mechanics as far along as possible between now and then.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
On my desktop and laptops, I see a gear-like symbol in the lower, right hand corner of of a YouTube viewer. Click on it and I'm given an option to watch a clip at various speeds. Can't figure out how to do that on an Android device...

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
DS let me hop on his machine.

She does need loosen up that lower arm and think "pull." She's forcing whip/IR a bit and needs to let it happen. She also needs to lock/pause the upper arm. I'd suggest backing things up a bit and using the IR in the Classroom progression.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
c_zpsrpj4wivw.gif

Sep 14, 2014
Awesome. Thanks. We always do lock it, unlock it, and liberty before this drill. Any cues to help her loosen up or is it just a matter of reps of the earlier progression drills done correctly before she begins to feel it better?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
On my desktop and laptops, I see a gear-like symbol in the lower, right hand corner of of a YouTube viewer. Click on it and I'm given an option to watch a clip at various speeds. Can't figure out how to do that on an Android device...

Then there's always the "just wait for PC, RDB or KB to post a nifty .gif" option!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
smashdad, I think you have a real good start. A lot of good things going to incorporate into a full pitch. I like the up-together down-together aspect of that drill. After she works on her arm whip/ir/pronation, I'd separately introduce drive mechanics so she can focus on one thing at a time, then start to put it all together.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA