Travel Ball vs. HS Sports vs. other club sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2022
That is right. I support their choice. I will make my choice and get another player ready to fill a vacant spot. I have been consistent on this site in saying that if you don't like what a HS coach does, take your dd off of the team. It this matter, that will alleviate any conflicts.
Last time I checked you cannot just move districts.
I have never really talked to a coach but would have no problem doing so.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Last time I checked you cannot just move districts.
I have never really talked to a coach but would have no problem doing so.
I didn't suggest that you "just move districts." However, if you do move, your child should be eligible to play for their new school the next season.

Feb 15, 2017
DD missed one tournament for an AAU bball tournament. The softball tournament was garbage and I sort of did it as a protest. Next tournament she sat the first pool game..that was the same tournament where I got into a wrestling match in the parking lot so maybe I should have had her skip that one too..:rolleyes:
Did you win or lose the wrestling match?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
A firm and decisive head butt followed be an eye rake will usually win these battles quickly.
Two words for unexpected fights: Bear spray.
Or a tazer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I don’t plan on having any more but thanks 😂

We had a verbal spat which I thought was over until he came charging at me from his truck 30 min later as I was taking my boys to the restroom. I am not small but I haven’t got into a fight in 30 years and those were fistfights. He got on top of me and put me in a chokehold..it was over pretty quick 😂

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
if it's fall ball i disagree.
A ton of recruiting happens in the fall. If you're playing volleyball, soccer, or field hockey in the fall, but softball is your main sport for college, there's no way you should miss a tournament. If you're playing rec ball, fine. I can tell you, if any girls missed a tournament for a school game of another sport, they'd get cut from my daughter's team.

Those girls are there to get recruited for college.

May 27, 2013
A ton of recruiting happens in the fall. If you're playing volleyball, soccer, or field hockey in the fall, but softball is your main sport for college, there's no way you should miss a tournament. If you're playing rec ball, fine. I can tell you, if any girls missed a tournament for a school game of another sport, they'd get cut from my daughter's team.

Those girls are there to get recruited for college.
Yeah, I’m kind of in your camp. If these are HS-age girls looking to get recruited or have been recruited, they still need to attend the fall showcases. Fall friendlies are a different story. Then again, we always carried about 15 players at 18U so that in most cases, we had enough players. Obviously college camps trumped games.

There were several times I had college coaches ask where a certain player or recruit was that weekend if she decided to skip and it always put me in a tough spot with what to tell them. It was much easier if a player only had to miss the late game for Hoco vs a whole day or whole showcase.

I also think at HS age, playing a secondary travel sport when SB is your main focus is just very, very difficult. Playing a secondary sport for HS should be allowed, IMHO. However, the player will have a tough decision to make if any HS (non-SB) competitions fall on a Saturday and they have a big showcase on that same weekend. IMO, she should honor her commitment to the TB team as the coach could have easily taken another player at tryouts who would always be there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06