Need Advice from HS Coach Regarding HS / Travel Tournament Conflict

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2018
While I agree with your sentiment, BlaineAB said this was last year and the players will be going D1 (assume that means they are seniors now). They probably missed out on their sophomore years due to Covid and had limited opportunities to get out to showcases.

I’m sure it sucked for their schools and teammates, but I’d be inclined to cut them a little slack in 2021. Obviously they’re good players who achieved their goals of playing in college, hopefully they can get the full experience of chasing a state title as seniors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct, they are currently hs seniors.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
There are both qualified and unqualified HS and TB coaches. I would say probably pretty equally divided. 50/50. That's being generous.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
What's the point of that? That just seems extreme. Hypothetically, let's say the girl does competitive dance in the evenings and has competitions on the weekends that don't interfere with school ball, or plays PGA Jr. for a local golf course, that girl would be banned from the HS team??
They can not play the same sport as is in season of high school. Do golf during softball season is fine but she could not play PGA jr in the fall during golf season. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478