Travel Ball vs. HS Sports vs. other club sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
In 25 years of financial aid and education planning, I've never had one student accepted to MIT. My nephew applied there 15 years ago with a 102.2 weighted GPA, and a 2310 SAT. He wasn't even given an interview.
Hmmm? What is your reasoning for not being accepted? Or no interview? I know MIT is very big on math which can influence the situation.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Hmmm? What is your reasoning for not being accepted? Or no interview? I know MIT is very big on math which can influence the situation.
Because their acceptance rate is less than 5%. They could have nothing but valedictorians apply and still reject 90% of applicants.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I know 2 players from Houston area that were on the MIT team. Both just graduated. They actually live pretty close to each other. I went to HS with one of their dads.

Jul 11, 2023
Giving star athlete a better grade <> performing better academically. /s

My sample size of one probably took a step back as a Frosh in Cross Country. She'll be fine and has recovered, but it was a different level of time management than she was ready for. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way I guess. No amount of me saying it was going to happen was going to help. lol

Oct 4, 2018
It's amazing! Puts into perspective what Elite is!

My nephew got a perfect score on the SAT, straight As in all AP courses, and was a college-level athlete. And was a good kid, summer jobs, etc. He got wait-listed and eventually in and a starting college athlete at an Ivy League. It's insane. Hard to imagine a more qualified candidate and he barely squeaked in.

May 13, 2023
My nephew got a perfect score on the SAT, straight As in all AP courses, and was a college-level athlete. And was a good kid, summer jobs, etc. He got wait-listed and eventually in and a starting college athlete at an Ivy League. It's insane. Hard to imagine a more qualified candidate and he barely squeaked in.
👍Like reading these real world experiences to help put things into perspective for everyone❗
Good for him!!!

Do you know how long wait list time was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid