Travel ball=minor leagues of softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
Food for thought, Could "B" level ball be considered single A(A), "A" level ball considered double A(AA) and 18gold be considered Triple A(AAA) for fastpitch?
Travel ball seems to be the minor leagues and College the majors for fastpitch. Are the majority of the girls in travel playing to get the select few(cream of the crop) to the majors(college) the same way the minor leagues work for baseball?
To some degree I say yes. Except in fastpitch minor league players pay to play and its not cheap. The small percentage that get scholarships if they play in college are then paid(via scholarship money to play). Would like to hear what the rest of you think.
Basically is club/ travel fastpitch a farm system for college softball?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
C level - A
B level - AA
A level - AAA
Gold level - Majors ( baseball's highest travel class )

I have seen some A class that are better than Gold.

I just don't see fast pitch monitoring the classes as our baseball counterparts do. Once you start winning majority of your classification in BB they will evaluate and move you up a class, and you can't play down.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Not sure the A and Gold levels are an accurate comparison.
We play 18A level because ASA prohibits age eligible college freshman from returning to their travel team in the summer if we classify as GOLD.

Our coach likes to bring back his former players when they are willing to spend their summers away from college ball to play more softball for his team.
That is why we qualified at the A Nationals qualifier instead of the Gold. It's a matter of the coaches style of coaching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1