Whats after 18U?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2022
My DD and her 18U team are playing her final travel tournament next week.

My daughter will play in college but for players not playing in college, is this the end of their fastpitch journey?

I saw that there's a 23U recreational league for baseball. Do leagues like that exist for fastpitch?

Just curious.

Young

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
In short, yes. My daughter played in one this summer, and it stunk. It was only eight games, and despite the fact every girl plays in college, too many didn't take it seriously. She had more fun coaching a 12U team than she did playing. Because of work commitments and wanting to go to the beach, getting enough girls every week was a struggle, despite the fact 17 girls signed up for their team.

May 27, 2013
We have a few 23U teams around here, mostly college players, always looking for more players. Doesn’t seem like they play many games, just a tournament here and there.

There is also a local FP women’s league and both women’s and co-ed slow-pitch leagues in my area.

Aug 3, 2022
We have a few 23U teams around here, mostly college players, always looking for more players. Doesn’t seem like they play many games, just a tournament here and there.

There is also a local FP women’s league and both women’s and co-ed slow-pitch leagues in my area.
Where are you located? I did some googling and couldn't find any near where I live... NYC Tri-state area.

Aug 3, 2022
In short, yes. My daughter played in one this summer, and it stunk. It was only eight games, and despite the fact every girl plays in college, too many didn't take it seriously. She had more fun coaching a 12U team than she did playing. Because of work commitments and wanting to go to the beach, getting enough girls every week was a struggle, despite the fact 17 girls signed up for their team.
We saw a lot of senioritis even at 18U so i can imagine. I think I may try starting a pick-up game event and see what the interest looks like.

Apr 8, 2019
My DD and her 18U team are playing her final travel tournament next week.

My daughter will play in college but for players not playing in college, is this the end of their fastpitch journey?

I saw that there's a 23U recreational league for baseball. Do leagues like that exist for fastpitch?

Just curious.

Young
Sweet, sweet freedom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi