Total Control Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Don't use them when they're cold!

My daughter was very proud of herself because she shattered one in a dramatic cloud of sand during her warmup before a scrimmage last weekend in about 40 degree weather. She gave me the "shell" and the rubber was as hard as a rock. I had wondered why a lot more kids were hitting them over the coaches head then normal. No wonder the thing disintegrated.

Otherwise they're awesome!

-W

Jan 23, 2009
NE
Make sure you get the wiffle tcb balls also and switch back and forth between the weighted and wiffles. Easier on the joints.

Tim

Tim,

I was just looking at the wiffles to purchase for our indoor facility instead of the standard wiffles that have broken through the year. Do they hold up and can you actually throw them more like a regular ball, almost like using a softy indoor ball?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Don't use them when they're cold!

My daughter was very proud of herself because she shattered one in a dramatic cloud of sand during her warmup before a scrimmage last weekend in about 40 degree weather. She gave me the "shell" and the rubber was as hard as a rock. I had wondered why a lot more kids were hitting them over the coaches head then normal. No wonder the thing disintegrated.

Otherwise they're awesome!

-W

the wiffles or the BB size ones? Sounds like the ol' exploding golf ball gag

Jul 26, 2010
the wiffles or the BB size ones? Sounds like the ol' exploding golf ball gag

The BB sized ones.

I like the wiffles and have some for my teams, my daughter does not play for me anymore so they weren't using the wiffles out there. They are made from the same material though, so I'd watch them in the cold as well.

It kind of looked like the exploding golf ball gag! She was very proud of herself. Unfortunately that was the highlight of her day. Not her best games.

-W

Oct 14, 2008
Tim,

I was just looking at the wiffles to purchase for our indoor facility instead of the standard wiffles that have broken through the year. Do they hold up and can you actually throw them more like a regular ball, almost like using a softy indoor ball?

They hold up very well, they will go a little further than the weighted ones and yes they will sting like heck if you get nuked, but they are a good buy, they can take a ton of abuse. But they are more flexible than a softy, so not a good use for infield practice indoors like a softy would be.

Tim

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2008
Used the TC balls last night for the first time. The girls loved them.

I actually changed up our routine, so they would to tee work, the sof-toss (from the side) then TC balls, then batting cage. The girls help with the stations, and when I yell rotate, one girl leaves, one girl takes the station, one girl feeds/loads. Everyone is moving/doing something. The girls loved it, and some of the girls were tired from the TC balls - they could really feel it in their legs/abs.

So far - I give the TC balls an A+ !!!!

Aug 2, 2013
Hello, I own and designed the TCB ball...Please send it back to us ASAP....this is totally impossible...ball stays pliable down to -10 degrees.

Send it back and we will replace.

Apr 1, 2010
Hello, I own and designed the TCB ball...Please send it back to us ASAP....this is totally impossible...ball stays pliable down to -10 degrees.

Send it back and we will replace.

Mr TCB, I love your product!

In a year or two of use, we've had only one break. A small slit (about a half inch long) broke open when it was hit. I took it out of circulation, but I was wondering whether slapping a piece of duct tape over the hole would work ok?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hey Mr....Just ordered some hole balls, literally 2 hours ago. Our new house has 3/4 acre backyard, not quite big enough to keep lite flights in.
TCB suggestion, a tracking chip. I am down to 3 left out of a dozen. They don't fly far, but they seem to be walking off.

Aug 2, 2013
Don't try to repair...contact me and I will send you replacements - DEMO Balls.

708-486-5803 or email is best...pete.parenti@totalcontrolsports.com.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06