Total Control Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 6, 2013
Outstanding service there! We have found that they are especially great to use before games where space is limited when you have 50 teams at a ball park. Even the wiffles fly in people's way at times when everyone is trying to warm up!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
We use them EVERY SINGLE WARM UP!
I stand around 15' in front and alternate throws with the tcb wiffle. Each girl will hit about two dozen real balls into the net, then they'll hit two dozen tcbs (1 dozen of each kind) as a pregame routine. Love them.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I use them for both our U14 and U18 teams. I have been using them exclusively for front toss, usually at about 10 or 15 feet. great for pregame whether space is limited or not - no set up or take down time. I always use them as a hitting station in practice too. the only thing I have noticed is that when I throw them faster, the batters tend to just swing for contact rather than trying to drive it. I am not a pitcher but am able to give them good pitch locations and vary the speed a lot.
I keep a bucket with the 11 balls in it so we can do a quick count with every reload. these balls can walk (which is why I have 11 and not 12) because players love to play with these and their younger siblings are also fasfcinated with them and can walk off with them if you don't keep an eye on them. The ball I lost was in an indoor practice in a small gym. didn't count the balls till i got home and in hindsight i remembereed there was a little kid who kept playing with them when we weren't using them.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
They do walk away faster than they will wear out. We were at at a tourney and were the last game of the day. We had them in a black bag with some wiffles and our bownet in its bag next to it, not too far from the dugout. About half way through our game I looked over and I didn't see the bag of balls. When the game was over, I went to get our stuff and the bag was gone. Well lit place, all fenced in and we were in a corner. Someone saw that we had them and wanted them worse than we did I guess. :( But they are a great tool to use for warm ups and for a station at practice for our girls.

I do have a question about using them. Can you get to a point of too much with these weighted balls? We only have 10 currently and I usually mix it up with wiffles and TCB balls but I have had some say that they can be harmful to use too often. What is your experience with this?

Aug 20, 2013
So I understand for warm ups because you don't have to chase them as far, but what is the science behind hitting it just right and the "instant" feedback everyone is talking about? I bought some on impulse when someone posted they were for sale on Amazon and they will be here today. I would like to be able to use them properly to improve hitting, not just as a warm up tool. Hitting is going to be a big focus for us this winter and I would like to maximize the use of these. Thanks!

G

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Because of the way they're built, hitting them square is the only way to get them to go anywhere. Mishits are immediately obvious.

Jun 24, 2013
They will come with directions. I think the biggest mistake people make is hitting too many of them in a row.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For my young DD, I might have her hit 2 or 3 TCBs in a row, but then hit 6-8 regular balls before mixing in more TBS. For us, it's about reinforcing the feeling of extending her power through contact.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
If hit off center, they fade away like a wounded quail. The girls will self correct, given enough knowledge. I don't coach much, when I am tossing them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1