Total Control Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
They will come with directions. I think the biggest mistake people make is hitting too many of them in a row.

I have 18 which I thought would be a fine number for going once and then moving on to something else. That sometimes works, but usually DD wants to go through two or three times. She is a lot bigger now than she was when we first started using them though.

I'm thinking she might like to try the larger Atomic balls, but I'd only want to buy about 3-6 of those and I've never seen them on a good sale. Does anyone have both? Is it worth getting a couple of Atomics, or is she fine just going through an extra round of the regular TCBs?

Apr 11, 2012
Because of the way they're built, hitting them square is the only way to get them to go anywhere. Mishits are immediately obvious.

exactly....we use them in front toss only but I throw them pretty pretty much as hard as I can from 30' to 35'....inside, outside, up and down....

Apr 1, 2010
If hit off center, they fade away like a wounded quail. The girls will self correct, given enough knowledge. I don't coach much, when I am tossing them.

I agree. The girls learn really quickly what they have to do to make them go. They also learn to recognize a monster TCB ball hit when they see it. If you have a group of girls around, they'll often give each other props on big hits as they shag them. :)

Apr 11, 2012
I'm thinking she might like to try the larger Atomic balls, but I'd only want to buy about 3-6 of those and I've never seen them on a good sale. Does anyone have both? Is it worth getting a couple of Atomics, or is she fine just going through an extra round of the regular TCBs?

I don't like them....they may build strength, but the players are never going to hit anything that size unless it's in PE class with no gloves.....

Apr 1, 2010
Hey, I just read their directions and noticed that they advocate turning the girls around on a second pass and having them hit from their weaker side. We've never tried that. Has anyone else done it? Did it seem to be productive?

Jul 26, 2010
Some teams have all their players able to hit right and hit left. If you are one of those teams, then yes, it's productive. If not, then no. They need to have proper mechanics before they try to swat at balls during a drill randomly.

-W

Apr 1, 2010
Some teams have all their players able to hit right and hit left. If you are one of those teams, then yes, it's productive. If not, then no. They need to have proper mechanics before they try to swat at balls during a drill randomly.

-W

Thanks, starsnuffer. DD's a righty and not likely to ever hit from the left. I just wondered if we'd been missing out on some strength training since we've never had her try whacking at the TCBs with the right side of her body in front. :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Gator, no point in hitting from a tee with them. Front toss as fast as you can with them
IMO, it depends on the size/strength of the kid. For my 9yo DD, hitting them off a tee works well. Tossing can get a little overwhelming pretty quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes