Torn Rubber at Connection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
We have a 2015 Mako that has a small tear starting in the rubber at the connection. Easton has offered to replace it but honestly I don't want to because it's on fire right now and has no signs of webbing etc... Is there a problem with putting a little gorilla tape on it or using a little glue to try to stop the tear? I know the rubber is cosmetic but I don't want them to have a reason to pull the bat.
Thanks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You can always hide things cosmetically. You can also use silicone the same color.

Havent seen it, but if its true tear, slowing the tear is possible but stopping is prob not possible. The amount of flex that happens there each hit pulls that rubber connection a little and now there is a spot that is compromised.

Worth a try though

Oct 10, 2011
You can always hide things cosmetically. You can also use silicone the same color.

Havent seen it, but if its true tear, slowing the tear is possible but stopping is prob not possible. The amount of flex that happens there each hit pulls that rubber connection a little and now there is a spot that is compromised.

Worth a try though
I'll try the glue, and just have her use it for games. I'm hoping it makes it through the season but she has a backup. I might need the blue one when it comes out:) I see they just put it on their site.

May 6, 2012
Texas
I would go with Glue and would avoid tape cause certain blues can call the bat altered if they see the tape and don't like it.

Oct 10, 2011
We just had a one day "warm up" tournament and the players had to show the Ump the bat every time they walked up to the plate. I've never seen that before. DD"s has had her's checked after a couple hits during a game, but never at every up at bat.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
If you have an older Stealth laying around, you can actually swap the rubber pieces. I had a friend who's DD's bat had a torn one, and I gave him one from a cracked SSR stealth to replace it. I have seen them come loose many times, and a dab of glue will keep them in place.

Oct 10, 2011
If you have an older Stealth laying around, you can actually swap the rubber pieces. I had a friend who's DD's bat had a torn one, and I gave him one from a cracked SSR stealth to replace it. I have seen them come loose many times, and a dab of glue will keep them in place.
We do but it's ripped too. I didn't care about that one because she cracked too but I tried some crazy glue and it seemed to work great. They would never notice it, so I hope it holds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06