Recruiting in 2 sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Tweet all she wants. Mine is a 3 sport athlete and always tweets her other sports. One school that was was recruiting her for softball even came to watch one of her soccer games and another took her to the soccer game as part of her visit. It’s all about the school getting to know her as a person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
She is not looking to play both sports in college. She has always planned/hoped/worked for playing college softball. She wants to be able to post wrestling clips to her social media and was worried about it turning off college softball coaches because "she is not singluarly focused on softball".
Gotcha! Here is the statement/question. She is also a very good wrestler and the idea of wrestling in college appeals to her also right now as a freshman. This bold is probably where we were focused.

Nothing wrong with posting wrestling, volleyball, basketball, skeet shooting, diving, bowling, cheerleading, hunting, or whatever she loves to do outside of softball. Coaches want to know what type of kid they are recruiting. Post Early and Often.

Aug 13, 2017
My apologies - I must have misread your initial post. Seemed like she was interested in wrestling in college by what you had typed. Sounds like she should run with it and Tweet away!
Yeah...I think I could have worded it a little better. I think the idea of wrestling in college is something that very recently has intrigued her as our HS program has alot of recruiters around all the time right now. I wrestled in college...her brother currently is.. she is not a college wrestler in my mind, but whatever path she wants I am happy to support. I think she can play small college softball. Thanks for all the input...always curious about what adults that have helped guide their DD through it have to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802