Top Club

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
In another compairison.
Triple crown has hosted tournaments in so cal with over 100 teams per age bracket.
Think it was even 80 in 10u
Well those tournaments you can just sign up for and play. With Alliance, you have to sign up for a member league and then if you want to play in the Alliance Championships you have to sign up for Alliance. Then you have to play tournaments which allow you to qualify for the championships, etc. The process is not very streamlined at the moment. Time will tell if it is able to survive the initial growing pains. DD's org is sort of invested in the whole Alliance thing at the moment so... :oops:

Edit: and I better watch what I say on here..I have already gotten myself in trouble before :cautious:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021
It's all just chasing your tail trying to keep up. Played USAES (multi-time Top Gun Champ back when it meant something), Triple Crown, PGF, etc seeking out those teams, but by the time you get in the next season and earn your invite to Nationals, they are all gone. They all just spin off some new tourney nobody knows about. Not a fan.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Well those tournaments you can just sign up for and play. With Alliance, you have to sign up for a member league and then if you want to play in the Alliance Championships you have to sign up for Alliance. Then you have to play tournaments which allow you to qualify for the championships, etc. The process is not very streamlined at the moment. Time will tell if it is able to survive the initial growing pains. DD's org is sort of invested in the whole Alliance thing at the moment so... :oops:

Edit: and I better watch what I say on here..I have already gotten myself in trouble before :cautious:
Yes good point!

Jun 19, 2016
All of these great tournaments yall are mentioning are California. Not everyone in TX or Oklahoma wants to drive or fly their 12U to California. This was just the best tournament around for that particular week.

Jun 8, 2016
All of these great tournaments yall are mentioning are California. Not everyone in TX or Oklahoma wants to drive or fly their 12U to California. This was just the best tournament around for that particular week.
Yeah the conversation kind of veered off a bit.....lol.

Mar 4, 2018
As far as 60 mph 12u pitchers go. I wouldn't even say it is that rare anymore at 12u to see a girl throwing 58-60 mph in 12u. We were in the Nashville area last weekend for the Mojo tournament. There was at least 6 girls there that were hitting 60 mph pretty routinely in games. Bandits Demarini have a couple, Birmingham Thunderbolts have a couple, So Cal Franco has 1 for sure that I saw, Georgia Impact has one.

We were in Iowa this weekend for a much smaller tournament than Nashville. Nebraska gold girl was 58-60 mph, Iowa Premier was a consistent 57- 58, and Bandits Premier girl was 54- 61 mph. The Bandits girl has a wicked changeup, she throws 3 different speeds. Lots of strikeouts. Probably the first girls I have seen throwing a riseball with good spin at that age level. Pretty sure that is the 54 mph pitch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06