Top Club

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
Is this the tourney organization that all the huge clubs formed to keep all the small clubs away?
Pretty sure Alliance is purely a "win and you're in" National Championship Series while PGF was handing out free berths to the big clubs.

I could be wrong but the kid's team had to win a tournament to get a Tier 1 berth this year but was just handed automatic berths to PGF in years past.

IDT, which is what we are in Colorado for now, is kind of a good ole boy tourney as it seems the huge clubs all get 1 or 2 teams in and everyone else is across town at the TCS Sparkler

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Pretty sure Alliance is purely a "win and you're in" National Championship Series while PGF was handing out free berths to the big clubs.

I could be wrong but the kid's team had to win a tournament to get a Tier 1 berth this year but was just handed automatic berths to PGF in years past.

IDT, which is what we are in Colorado for now, is kind of a good ole boy tourney as it seems the huge clubs all get 1 or 2 teams in and everyone else is across town at the TCS Sparkler

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
As of today Alliance has approximately 12 -10u teams, 48 -12u teams, 55- 14u teams, 44- 16u teams and 60 plus 18u teams. PGF has now handed out all of their "at large" berths and has about 3 times as many teams. Think PGF beat the Alliance to the punch. Alliance is going to have to "invite teams" but who is left to invite?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
As of today Alliance has approximately 12 -10u teams, 48 -12u teams, 55- 14u teams, 44- 16u teams and 60 plus 18u teams. PGF has now handed out all of their "at large" berths and has about 3 times as many teams. Think PGF beat the Alliance to the punch. Alliance is going to have to "invite teams" but who is left to invite?
Really thats it for nationals?

Jun 8, 2016
Good to share a resource!

Will say i'm interested in the turn out of recruitment coaches that show up.
Look at the teams..if there are good teams there then coaches will show up right? This whole Alliance vs PGF thing is a di*& swinging contest anyway..so silly. Alliance setting up their Nationals the same week as PGF was stupid..why make teams choose between a known commodity and a brand new thing?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Look at the teams..if there are good teams there then coaches will show up right? This whole Alliance vs PGF thing is a di*& swinging contest anyway..so silly. Alliance setting up their Nationals the same week as PGF was stupid..why make teams choose between a known commodity and a brand new thing?
Exactly not ideal for the players and coaches .

Added choice
Not another added opportunity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish