top 12u pitchers ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
I know you all think you need video to believe in something.........do you believe a million dollars exist? Have you seen a million Dollars? Need a video to prove it exists?? Just because you have not seen something does not mean it does not exist or can't be accomplished. Through hard work and dedication there are a lot of young ladies that are accomplishing a lot of amazing things.
Some have evidently been a 12U coach all their life and have been to so many 12U nationals there is a bench named after them, how nice for you. Why don't you send video of all of the 12U nationals you have attended and all of the national champion teams you have coached. Will that change anything?? Nope, sure wont, so why do you need video of this?
Maybe sometime our team will face your team, maybe not. But there are 12U kids that can throw 60 mph. Believe it or not is up to you, but they do exist. Now as far as Big Foot......I'm not sure, I have seen video of him but I am not sure he exists. I might need more video to prove it.
Well lets be honest,most coaches and daddy's stretch the truth,can you say for sure that they don't?This whole thread has got out of hand,and you acting like child in your post,it is not helping.By the way the faster they come in the father they go out,because there are girls working just as hard at hitting as there are pitching!!!!I could careless if she is pitching 60,she will just peak faster and all the batters will catch up and she becomes just another pitcher!!

Jun 18, 2010
The greater the claim the greater the burden of proof.

Those asserting a claim, should not be surprised when challenged to prove the claim. The burden of proof is on the party making the claim.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Well lets be honest,most coaches and daddy's stretch the truth,can you say for sure that they don't?This whole thread has got out of hand,and you acting like child in your post,it is not helping.By the way the faster they come in the father they go out,because there are girls working just as hard at hitting as there are pitching!!!!I could careless if she is pitching 60,she will just peak faster and all the batters will catch up and she becomes just another pitcher!!

Nano...It's useless. You're beating a dead horse here. These folks have only heard what they want to hear.
The original question
does anyone know what the top 12u pitchers throw? the top level pitchers that go on to compete at the national level? what speed, and what pitches do they throw? realistically....
has been asked and answered.

The Statistics provided here are the best way to evaluate what a pitcher can and should be doing in every age group. The recent NFCA college camp stats corroborate those stats.

As an empirical evidence kind of gal, I'll continue to use documented proof for these kinds of questions as opposed to what some coach or dad says on a message board.

May all your young pitchers be successful at 12-14-16 and beyond.
Have a great day.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Is it safe to say that size is more important than age as far as speed is concerned?
Yes, I know that mechanics are major ingredient.
No its not. My dd is 14, 5'5" and 108. She throws harder then most girls she pitches against and most of them are bigger then her. Its not just her either, I have seen it from many pitchers. Mechanics are more important then size, I think explosiveness is more important then size, once you combine good mechanics, explosiveness and good size, then you have something.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
"The Statistics provided here are the best way to evaluate what a pitcher can and should be doing in every age group. The recent NFCA college camp stats corroborate those stats.

As an empirical evidence kind of gal, I'll continue to use documented proof for these kinds of questions as opposed to what some coach or dad says on a message board." coachmom....

can you believe some girl named jennie finch said she threw 59 @ 12 and 62 @ 13? ???
she must not have read the chart ???
athletes in every sport, are getting stronger and faster and better ? someday even jennie's numbers will probably be more the average, not the exception? who knows???

Last edited:
May 11, 2009

Awesome!! I am neither a coach or a dad of that child so that kind of squashes your first theory. Do some not most, stretch the truth to further their agenda? Yes I believe some do.
The child in this discussion is the one that cannot believe in the truth. Obviously you and Coachmom cannot grasp the fact that just because your DD's cannot do something then by gosh no one can.

I think you have now stated twice about the faster-farther thing. The fact remains they have to hit it first to make it go further. Will batters catch up to her. At 16U, 18U, and on of course, if not they should move on to another sport. A kid throwing 60 at 12U can and will overpower 80% of the hitters they will face because they simply have not seen anyone that can do it. At that age there is not a huge need for a CU because it will just put the ball in the batters wheelhouse. Trust me I work on hitting very hard and our kids do hit the ball very well. But to face a 60 MPH kid at this age is not easy, especially if the kid hits her spots. Yes, again we work on hitting as well. We outscored our opponents 84 - 16 at the ISG 14U Fall Nationals and went 9-0 as a legit 13U team, so we do know how to hit the ball.

Yes this thread has gone down hill but not from the standpoint of the ones who have seen a 12U throw 60 MPH. More so from the ones who cannot grasp the fact that it happens and will keep happening even though your DD cannot do it. Do most 12U and 13U kids throw 60? Absolutely not!!! Most cannot. But there are some that can and believe it or not some of them also have some pretty great movement as well. Are they ahead of the curve, of course they are but they do exist. Most 12U and 13U kids will be in the high 40's to mid 50's.

Just wondering, how many kids attend the 12U Nationals? How many 12U kids are there playing fastpitch softball in the US? See where I am headed here? There are a lot more kids playing softball that you folks will never see play ball. Does that mean they are not good? Not at all there are a lot of kids who are tremendous players who can't travel or cannot afford to travel, so they wont. Some have home lives that will not allow them to jump in as deep as your kids and our kids have been able to do. So please don't think your little corner of the world has all of the quality kids. Or just because you are at a certain event it represents all of the kids in the US, you have to be kidding to believe that!!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Well said, mkral!
well if you would look at what I wrote you would see that I myself said that,I would like to see it,not saying it isn't true.But the all great all knowing mkral,seems to think that because my dd doesn't throw 60,that I'am jealous,sorry not even close to being jealous.So mkral DO YOU SEE WHERE I'AM HEAD WITH THIS,IS YOUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD THE ONLY PLACE WHERE FAST PITCH SOFTBALL IS BEING PLAYED,I THINK NOT!SO NEXT TIME LEAVE ME AND MY DD OUT OF YOUR POST,I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THESE 12U GIRLS PITCH 60,NOT TO DISPROVE IT ,BUT JUST TO SEE IT,BECAUSE OF THE LOVE OF THE GAME!

Feb 27, 2011
SC
Again I beleive I was the one that started this with my original answer to the original question, just to remind everyone for a third and last time I said A GIRL hit 62 at a 12u regional tourny in Tenn. this past summer, the coach who told me thios said she was clocked independently by someone at this tournament who called out the speed of the pitches. She plays for aan elite 16u travel ball team here in the mecca of softball :), SC.
Another poster said that he watched a girl from upstate SC pitch 60mph on ESPN at 12u world series.
So for the desperate out there hoping no girl 12/13 yrs old could ever possibly throw that hard because they are the authoriy on the subject, I say I am glad my DD is not playing for the likes of you .
As a f/u to the girl from SC who hit 60 on ESPN, this past year she was a soph. in HS, and cracked a Worth helmet still being worn by the batter( unfortunately), the girl recievd 10 stitches, but was ok. For the doubters , I know the dad of the girl that got hit, saw her stitches and I hope you wont ask for a picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole