top 12u pitchers ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Rachel just a bit of advice, please don't use your full name when signing up to message boards as its not safe.

Congrats on your speed!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Rachel just a bit of advice, please don't use your full name when signing up to message boards as its not safe.

Congrats on your speed!

I was thinking the same thing earlier, but glad a woman told this young lady. Find a good forum name and continue to contribute under it.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
And yes, 12u can truly throw a riseball. I've seen it with my own eyes. And it wasn't just a "high" pitch.

Love that high pitch part of the quote. I say that all the time!! I can't tell you how many girls in 12, 14, and even 16U who throw a "riseball" that has no rise at all and is simply just a high fastball thrown from a lower release point. No spin and no upward movement. :)

But, yes some 12U girls are getting it. In my area, I have not seen a girl who has mastered it yet at that age.

My DD has been working on it for about a month - she just turned 12 two weeks ago. She has small hands, so she has to grip the ball a little differently. It moves up about 1/4 of the time right now. The other 3/4 it is just another pitch that spins and doesn't really move. ;)

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
Love that high pitch part of the quote. I say that all the time!! I can't tell you how many girls in 12, 14, and even 16U who throw a "riseball" that has no rise at all and is simply just a high fastball thrown from a lower release point. No spin and no upward movement. :)

But, yes some 12U girls are getting it. In my area, I have not seen a girl who has mastered it yet at that age.

My DD has been working on it for about a month - she just turned 12 two weeks ago. She has small hands, so she has to grip the ball a little differently. It moves up about 1/4 of the time right now. The other 3/4 it is just another pitch that spins and doesn't really move. ;)

how long has she been working on it? my dd has worked on it in the offseason for the last two years. and sometimes she gets a good spin on it,but she's not ready to try it in a game or anything yet. i think it's fun to try new things,but it is hard to get the right spin...

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
how long has she been working on it?

A little over a month - not exactly too sure, but we have only been seeing this new PC for about 2 months so it has to be within that time frame. For a while nothing happened, but it improved immensly after working with Cat two weeks ago. Still no where near the perfect spin rotation and when it does rise it also tails off a little to the left side batters box because she doesn't get a true vertical snap yet. She is still learning the mechanics and is very inconsistent. What I am seeing is that she is becoming a little more "regular" with the mechanics in the last couple of weeks and that has helped immensly - duh!!! The pitch is not predictable enough to use in a game yet. Maybe by the time tournaments roll around again in February/March.

My DD is no superstar. However, she does seem to do really well with the spin pitches. Her fastballs are average at best and she cruises at 45-46 and the fastest she has ever been clocked was 49. I have used or been there when all sorts of radar was used with similar results.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
A little over a month - not exactly too sure, but we have only been seeing this new PC for about 2 months so it has to be within that time frame. For a while nothing happened, but it improved immensly after working with Cat two weeks ago. Still no where near the perfect spin rotation and when it does rise it also tails off a little to the left side batters box because she doesn't get a true vertical snap yet. She is still learning the mechanics and is very inconsistent. What I am seeing is that she is becoming a little more "regular" with the mechanics in the last couple of weeks and that has helped immensly - duh!!! The pitch is not predictable enough to use in a game yet. Maybe by the time tournaments roll around again in February/March.

My DD is no superstar. However, she does seem to do really well with the spin pitches. Her fastballs are average at best and she cruises at 45-46 and the fastest she has ever been clocked was 49. I have used or been there when all sorts of radar was used with similar results.

osterman????

and it sounds like your dd is on her way to becoming a great pitcher. my dd is really starting to understand what having a tight spin mea
ns. and she knows the difference or feels it anyways. she will tell me sometimes that everything felt real good and it's normally after a good day. as far as her riseball spin? she gets alot of spin sometimes,but not the right rotation yet. she's working hard at it though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG