Tired of pathetic bat durability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2021
Anything can break. I know that the hard way unfortunately.

DD uses Rawlings Quatros for BP. They aren't great bats but they don't break often. Even when cracked they can last another 3000 swings. If you are laying out the cash you are for bats, I would HIGHLY recommend you keep your game bat away from the field during practices and use a BP mule. Its the only way we fly anymore and worth the extra penny.

Sep 12, 2021
Thanks for the replies. They use leather balls in the pitching machine at school and her machine at home uses leather. Don't know about not using a ghost on a machine...it pitches slower than a human. All the other broken bats were during games or regular practice.
This was yesterday's ghost.IMG_20210913_153041.jpg

Sep 7, 2020
I know someone just listed an RXT 33 for sale. Might want to check that out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jan 3, 2021
Surprised the prism broke but I guess no matter how well bats are made they’ll all break eventually (some earlier than others sadly). Demarini bats are usually pretty tough though. DD’s had her prism for a while now and it’s held up pretty good but she’s a slapper who doesn’t make a ton of hard contact. The ghost on the other hand it seems like one breaks everyday. Such a hot bat that I’ve looked into so many times but every time I’m ready to pay the $400 price tag I think about how many bats I’d have to buy to get through a year of school ball and travel ball lol.

Jan 24, 2020
DD has a 34 -3 aluminum baseball bat ($45 brand new) for dimple balls. Rather than just getting more reps with a gamer, she works on bat control and building up wrist/arm strength in the cages. We are fortunate to not have to worry about cold conditions in SoCal, and she sees live pitching with the gamer all the time. After a cage session with the heavy bat, her bat control improves, and it only takes a few cuts in the on-deck circle to work on her timing. Her gamer is no longer made (PXT '18), so we have worked out strategies to avoid destroying it. So far her coaches have been on board, especially after they blow up their own daughters' Ghosts.

Dec 11, 2010
Kind of interesting in that dd played for a tb team that used good condition real balls out of a Hack Attack set at high velocity. That station was a bat shredder. REEEdiculous.

Yet DD hits high velocity balls (70+) out of my programmable Hack at home pretty regularly when she’s home from school. (Side note: She plays in a conference with more than one pitcher who can actually and truly throw that fast. Dont do this with your 14u kid because you read this.) Baden dimple balls. Newer ones, always kept warm and indoors not old hard ones. We have been doing this for more than a year and she did break a bat this summer but I’m not convinced it was due to machine work.

They hit hack attack all the time at school. Real balls. They have a practice bat and a game bat. They really don’t seem to go through any more bats than any one else that hits a bat most days of the week. In fact, I’d say it’s less than the younger kids.

Its a mystery wrapped up in an enigma, y’all.

May 12, 2016
I'm not a bit surprised that a high-performance bat comes apart with a pitching machine. Unless it's a really high-end one, it throws dimple balls, and they are MUCH harder than a softball. That said, in all the years I threw dimple balls to DD's team, I never saw a bat break. Several of those kids could really swing it. Mostly those bats were Louisville Sluggers. Demarinis also tend to be pretty tough.
It's the density of a dimple ball which is the killer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06