Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Equipment? Like they bought her a glove?
She didn't take the offer but yeah glove,bat (she is a pretty good hitter too)...whatever she wanted..I am not sure how that would have worked (seems illegal or something :ROFLMAO: ) but I am guessing the org would have bought it for "their use" and it would have ended up in her hands..

May 20, 2016
I think national teams are over rated. If you're talented, you're talented. Plenty of good regional teams out there. You get recruited through camps more than a random game that a random coach shows up to where you may or may not have a good game. Just my opinion though. Can save yourself 50-100k in the process.

May 17, 2023
I think national teams are over rated. If you're talented, you're talented. Plenty of good regional teams out there. You get recruited through camps more than a random game that a random coach shows up to where you may or may not have a good game. Just my opinion though. Can save yourself 50-100k in the process.

Yep that's exactly why coaches say sending your schedule to them is very important, and they waste their weekends hanging out at the big TB tourneys, and the top fields get the majority of coaches watching. That's all just secondary to a few reps at a camp......

May 17, 2023
Only if your program has the other teams paying for the 18u team and there are some other smaller programs that have wealthy donors in the past that I am aware of.

We are seeing a few more "fully-funded" teams pop up in our area. So far they haven't been able to draw the talent away from the top organizations, but is interesting that someone just feels the need to save travel ball parents the $2,500-$5,000 in dues. It is a pretty worthy cause IMO:ROFLMAO:

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Hopefully random players aren't hoping for random coaches with no plan to show up to a random field and you randomly had a mediocre game.

Yes, get to camps but not random camps. Coaches have a plan before they show up to the fields. They know exactly who they are scouting and which field they are going to and what time. There's nothing random about recruiting.

If you fail plan in the recruiting process, you will plan to fail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan