Tincher coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your premise of what Tincher teaches is still incorrect despite whatever promo videos you show.

Every pitching coach here, myself included, has students that show money butt, a figure four finish, crow hopping, push mechanics and any of a dozen other flaws. Would you say these pitching coaches instruct that way?

Jul 31, 2019

then we do the 9:00 drill

Just an observation. As she gets to 11 o’clock her hand is really cupped, which makes it hard to lead with the pinky as she works down. The wrist should be loose and palm up, and as you work to 9, the wrist actually “”cocks back” with thumb up. The cup makes the hand want to roll over as you IR

May 16, 2019
BA8DC986-DC8B-43F2-A1D7-F96D273FB9FE.png21F48301-9F4E-4BCB-A368-DFFE77678C40.png
this is who I was using as a road map when he was teaching IR. She had a tendency to turn the hand down too early and this posture made her aware of where the ball is in her hand. Yes loose is better but she’s learning the snap so will be robotic and forced snap for some time.
your observations are correct and I’m thankful for them as I’m sure others are too

May 20, 2016
As others have said looks like she is turning over her hand too early. My DD sees a tincher coach as well. They vary slightly but all teach the same basic mechanics.

Nov 8, 2018
Your premise of what Tincher teaches is still incorrect despite whatever promo videos you show.

Every pitching coach here, myself included, has students that show money butt, a figure four finish, crow hopping, push mechanics and any of a dozen other flaws. Would you say these pitching coaches instruct that way?

I’m saying it’s what I’ve seen. As In my original post I’m familiar with but have no experience with Tincher. Maybe its not
What is taught but it’s what I’ve seen. If they do t teach this way that is great. Nothing else to say I suppose on this

Nov 8, 2018

then we do the 9:00 drill

Get her more 45 on release. Notice her hand is farther away from the thigh than it could be. Get to 45 and bring that ball next
To the thigh and roll the forearm around the thigh. Being far away looks like it’s causing her to release around the outside of the ball. She’s right there. Just a tweet will get her there.

Oct 4, 2018
Yep, without seeing the video I would totally agree. Princess hand is ultimately where you want to end up, but it’s hard to teach as pitchers want roll over the ball

The princess hand is almost just permission to end up not in Hello Elbow. Rolling the hand over is absolutely not part of the release -- it's after the release. Princess hand also lets them finish out towards the catcher more and reduces some strain on the arm.

I get that it trips up some girls, and when it does the Tincher instructors I've seen simply de-emphasize the princess hand and focus on the right release. And that right release is basically IR -- all the stuff we discuss and largely agree upon on this site.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA