Tincher coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2018
My daughter has started going to a Tincher instructor. The release is very different than what she has been taught. She is practicing but the ball is coming out like a change up. Any advice before our next lesson?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019
I’m not very familiar with it but did some reading and watched some of his videos. Not sure that I see much of a difference in release as much as him picking out small things to change that are very effective, like where the ball should point on rotation. Now I’m interested.......

Nov 11, 2019
Dr. Are you familiar with this technique? My DD is a pitcher as well and when I started looking at it, it seemed as though it was more focused on the smaller details to produce more power and movement. I didn’t see it as teaching a different release or anything

Apr 17, 2019
We go to a Tincher PC, I found you have to be careful with the 'princess hand' release thing (at least ours teaches that cue). It can lead to them focusing on the ending palm-down position, which can either lead to bullet spin or the change-up throw (in which they anticipate and pronate before release). I'm still working through the latter with my dd.
Take a slow-mo video to confirm if she's anticipating the pronation; my suggestion would be to de-emphasize the palm down cue, rather focus on a relaxed hand after release.

Jul 31, 2019
We go to a Tincher PC, I found you have to be careful with the 'princess hand' release thing (at least ours teaches that cue). It can lead to them focusing on the ending palm-down position, which can either lead to bullet spin or the change-up throw (in which they anticipate and pronate before release). I'm still working through the latter with my dd.
Take a slow-mo video to confirm if she's anticipating the pronation; my suggestion would be to de-emphasize the palm down cue, rather focus on a relaxed hand after release.
Yep, without seeing the video I would totally agree. Princess hand is ultimately where you want to end up, but it’s hard to teach as pitchers want roll over the ball

Sep 28, 2015
Same deal here with the hand appearing to turn early and still OK speed but it doesn’t look right.
The root cause is not staying stacked properly with legs beneath her and nose back. This cause her to throw with more arm, mess up timing of IR, and no snap to the throw. Getting in the right power position to use her back and backside has been a challenge and really does affect everything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2019
Just a wild guess, instead of snapping the ball cleanly out of the hand, she might be twisting the hand and kind of pushing the ball out or it's slipping out of the grip looking like a change up .
Good luck

Nov 8, 2018
Dr. Are you familiar with this technique? My DD is a pitcher as well and when I started looking at it, it seemed as though it was more focused on the smaller details to produce more power and movement. I didn’t see it as teaching a different release or anything

Familiar but never went to a Tincher pc. If I’m correct ir type is their release but from what I understand they do t hammer the point. Ive seen these pitchers and many have monkey butt because there are not necessarily trying to trap the elbow behind the hip. I’ve considered many times trying one but I figured it would confused dd lore than help. They have a slide figure 4 thing going on etc too so.
I decided to stay away and travel to DFP clinics or consult with DFP pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2016
My DD has been seeing same instructor for better part of 3 yrs as well as a few Tincher clinics. As with most things, quality will vary. Each coach while certified, may teach slightly differently, or "tweak" mechanics. Overall though, they have all taught IR release. DD was previously taught HE and it did take awhile to make the transition, so give the process some time to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45