Tincher coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2018
We go to a Tincher PC, I found you have to be careful with the 'princess hand' release thing (at least ours teaches that cue). It can lead to them focusing on the ending palm-down position, which can either lead to bullet spin or the change-up throw (in which they anticipate and pronate before release). I'm still working through the latter with my dd.
Take a slow-mo video to confirm if she's anticipating the pronation; my suggestion would be to de-emphasize the palm down cue, rather focus on a relaxed hand after release.
thank you, I believe that to be the case for us

Nov 11, 2019
Familiar but never went to a Tincher pc. If I’m correct ir type is their release but from what I understand they do t hammer the point. Ive seen these pitchers and many have monkey butt because there are not necessarily trying to trap the elbow behind the hip. I’ve considered many times trying one but I figured it would confused dd lore than help. They have a slide figure 4 thing going on etc too so.
I decided to stay away and travel to DFP clinics or consult with DFP pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks doc, my daughter had a bad habit of turning her hand over early that came from learning a change up before she had the mechanics down. Hard to fix.

May 16, 2019
is she transitioning from HE to IR?
HE tend to snap latter and IR is snapped earlier in comparison to each other.

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks doc, my daughter had a bad habit of turning her hand over early that came from learning a change up before she had the mechanics down. Hard to fix.

It may help to have her think of slicing the pinky down thru the release zone. If done correctly with proper brush the hand/forearm will naturally pronate.
What happens is the kids force things too much. When taught he they learned to “put their body behind the ball”. “Push that hand and arm thru”. So it’s only natural to try to hard. Becomes unnatural.
Hope that’s helps to get her releasing more on the inside of the ball vs the outside.
A positive is she will have a killer change.
lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2018
Familiar but never went to a Tincher pc. If I’m correct ir type is their release but from what I understand they do t hammer the point. Ive seen these pitchers and many have monkey butt because there are not necessarily trying to trap the elbow behind the hip. I’ve considered many times trying one but I figured it would confused dd lore than help. They have a slide figure 4 thing going on etc too so.
MY dd sees a Tincher. I am surprised how different certified coaches can be.

When you say, " Ive seen these pitchers and many have monkey butt" are you referring specifically to ticher students having more monkey but than normal or HE pitchers?

"because there are not necessarily trying to trap the elbow behind the hip" What makes you say this? I found that is specifically how they teach IR, they don't do the BM / JavaSource UTube video drills at all.

"They have a slide figure 4 thing going on etc too so." My DD coach teaches exactly the opposite. She very much teaches laces forward.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee