Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
You do not understand the swing. I reread your thread where you are trying to help your DD. You argue with everyone who gives you a suggestion. You should listen more than you speak........You are running in place. As long as you keep worrying about the front leg action and applying force into contact things will not change....

And for the 10th time it doesn't need to be discussed. The meaningful actions are over. It's why I made the gif....

This is the post I made referencing your DD. That's cowardly? That's the DD card? I didn't realize you were so sensitive. I apologize. I will no longer address you.

Good luck!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
You can do what ever you want...and trust me I will unleash hell on you. That is a promise. I have nothing but time and a lot of it. Go ahead.
Good day sir, I WAVE good bye to you.....HaHa
Next move is yours.....

You can WAVE all you want. It wont hurt my feelings. Feel free to continue trying to drag me into your hell. The truth is, you are clueless. There are pages of threds proving this.

Jun 8, 2016
Main problem with all of this arguing is that it makes it harder for people who are trying to learn to wade through all of the crap...come on guys it is just softball..

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I didn't delete any posts....:confused:

Can you post a video of you checking your swing? ;)

OK im wrong you didnt delete any posts. I thought you posted some Judge gif that showed he didnt swing/go/launch before his front foot planted, before you posted barrys timing adjustments. But Im wrong. You didnt delete.

I can show you my check swing or you can verify my check swing thoughts by picking up a bat and checking your swing. I think you will find if you relax your core your swing will check better than if you muscle up your core to check your swing. Let me know if relaxing after launch works better than your stated 'muscle up to stop your swing'.

Dec 4, 2013
OK im wrong you didnt delete any posts. I thought you posted some Judge gif that showed he didnt swing/go/launch before his front foot planted, before you posted barrys timing adjustments. But Im wrong. You didnt delete.

I can show you my check swing or you can verify my check swing thoughts by picking up a bat and checking your swing. I think you will find if you relax your core your swing will check better than if you muscle up your core to check your swing. Let me know if relaxing after launch works better than your stated 'muscle up to stop your swing'.

I'm okay with this....

0AZGTUS.gif

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
You videoed your swing and posted it. Props to you.
61KVvmk.gif

That is step one. Now if you really want to help your DD put your swing side by side with a high level swing. See what needs to be worked on. Work on it. Video again. Compare.

It will be a pretty enlightening journey and your understanding will deepen greatly.

I8FGGEZ.gif

Here is Carpenter for you. Check out how tight his hand pivot point (HPP) is. And focus on his rear hip pivot point. Watch how he is still coiled around his rear leg as he begins to launch his barrel.

If you really wanted to you could easily tighten those areas up. After you do that, when you see a player with those same issues it is now going to stick out like a sore thumb to you......

Those will be my parting words, take them or leave them. I'm going to follow FFS's advice and peace the "F" out of here!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Spartans ... very good advice on the tightening of the hand pivot point in the above swing.

Let me describe it this way ... the tightening of the axis of the barrel's rotation ... especially the initial axis of rotation.

For me to do that I need to 1) take the slack out of my system (necessary for the remainder of the motion to be efficient), 2) use my core (basically in a twist-like core motion ... for newbies, think of two moves being combined into one motion ... tilting the torso back to the catcher and turning the torso towards the pitcher, where the tilting action arrests the initial shoulder rotation towards the pitcher), 3) apply pressure to the handle through the hands.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish