Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
https://youtu.be/AutCYC3dH-E Remind you of someone?

How could I ever top your swing, sparty? Great pitch selection. Right on time. Great swing you got there. You look so athletic! Such dynamic movement! Keep living the dream!

LOL thought so........Ian the master. Can't swing anywhere near the pattern or can't produce it. Yet is quick to give advice and criticize other members......

Why even post your DD? You aren't going to listen to the advice of people that can help her anyways. This is going on for two years now........

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ian, I understand that you might be angry but please stop and think some about your last few posts. Winning an argument isn't that important. You are attacking RD via his daughter. Ian, that isn't right. I've been there and for a decade. Ian, I'm asking for you to reconsider that line of attack. Attack/argue on the merits of a swing and differences in philosophy. Daughters should be left out of it UNLESS someone brings their daughter into the argument themselves.

Per level of play, my daughter played D-II. Everyone knows that. She had offers from a couple of P5 schools. She had offers from several/most schools in the MVC and OVC. Professional softball was not an option for later on and so, who cared what level she played. She played D-II, graduated without any debt, had a great career and was able to be successful in the classroom. Believe me, it was tough hearing all of the criticism for her choice and especially when some knew the school making offers. So what! BB is happy. As a father, that is all I care about.

Finally, some thoughts on hitting. There is always a critical relationship between style and mechanics. While most agree that style can be personal preference, style still has to aid in some way to mechanical efficiency. So, for me, and I am talking for me and what I coach, that style still needs to incorporate some sense of a running start in the swing. It has to have some link to enabling my hitter to have an effective sequence. For me, that means that the swing is beginning long before the moment at "go." For me, it is the "pulling the bow back," "get the hips in the way to get them out of the way," "tip and rip" as the bow is pulled back, ... IOWs, motion. Just my 2 cents. Disagree with any or all of this if you want. I no longer have to be right or to argue with anyone.

Take care,

Darrell

ian

Jun 11, 2015
LOL thought so........Ian the master. Can't swing anywhere near the pattern or can't produce it. Yet is quick to give advice and criticize other users......

Why even post your daughter? You aren't going to listen to the advice of people that can help her anyways. This is going on for two years.....

Ive got lots of great advise by posting my DDs swing. It has helped a lot. Still not there yet but Ill keep working and asking for help. And when some people want to be unhelpful and rude with their 'advise' Ill take them to the shed.

I think you did the right thing by not posting your DDs swing and instead worring about mine.

Dec 4, 2013
Ive got lots of great advise by posting my DDs swing. It has helped a lot. Still not there yet but Ill keep working and asking for help. And when some people want to be unhelpful and rude with their 'advise' Ill take them to the shed.

I think you did the right thing by not posting your DDs swing and instead worring about mine.

I can't hide it anymore. You win. I'm so embarrassed, here it is..........

My DD
Zys4qcm.gif

Happy?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ill still take a look at that D3 swing if you want.
What level in college is your DD playing in?
What level do you think your DD might play in?
Won't go in to the reasons why DD CHOSE DIII(monies)instead of DII offers.
My DD will graduate without any debt.
My DD's monies are not tied to whether she plays softball or not.
Hopefully your DD will have the same 'dilemma' as my DD.
And you still prove you are clueless & foolish.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
LOL thought so........Ian the master. Can't swing anywhere near the pattern or can't produce it. Yet is quick to give advice and criticize other members......

Why even post your DD? You aren't going to listen to the advice of people that can help her anyways. This is going on for two years now........

Spartan,
No worries his DD is doing exactly what he instructs/post/give advice to others on. Dad should be proud.:rolleyes:
Don't ask the questions if you aren't going to like the answers.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Ian, I understand that you might be angry but please stop and think some about your last few posts. Winning an argument isn't that important. You are attacking RD via his daughter. Ian, that isn't right. I've been there and for a decade. Ian, I'm asking for you to reconsider that line of attack. Attack/argue on the merits of a swing and differences in philosophy. Daughters should be left out of it UNLESS someone brings their daughter into the argument themselves.

Per level of play, my daughter played D-II. Everyone knows that. She had offers from a couple of P5 schools. She had offers from several/most schools in the MVC and OVC. Professional softball was not an option for later on and so, who cared what level she played. She played D-II, graduated without any debt, had a great career and was able to be successful in the classroom. Believe me, it was tough hearing all of the criticism for her choice and especially when some knew the school making offers. So what! BB is happy. As a father, that is all I care about.

Finally, some thoughts on hitting. There is always a critical relationship between style and mechanics. While most agree that style can be personal preference, style still has to aid in some way to mechanical efficiency. So, for me, and I am talking for me and what I coach, that style still needs to incorporate some sense of a running start in the swing. It has to have some link to enabling my hitter to have an effective sequence. For me, that means that the swing is beginning long before the moment at "go." For me, it is the "pulling the bow back," "get the hips in the way to get them out of the way," "tip and rip" as the bow is pulled back, ... IOWs, motion. Just my 2 cents. Disagree with any or all of this if you want. I no longer have to be right or to argue with anyone.

Take care,

Darrell

Nothing but respect for you Darrell. Im not angry at all, I dont get angry over discussing hitting. I dont get offended when people challenge my beliefs on hitting, I like it. Thats how I learn.

I think if you go back and look at the recent threads(or any of my posts) you will see I didnt start the DD talk. RDB used my DD in this thread. So I asked to see his DDs swing, which he said he would post and then his post mysteriously disappeared. I guess he wanted to use my DD against me but didnt want the same for himself. Does RDB think my DD leaking her pull back is the same as Posey getting his last little bit of pull back or did he post my DD to show her swing flaw? If he thinks her movement is the same as posey he is wrong, if he posted her to pull the DD card well, the ball is in his court. Spartans, cowardly did the same in another thread. He was afraid to show the result of his teaching but didnt hesitate to pull the DD card on me first. But he did walk outside with a broom stick and show his best attempt to hit an imaginary pitch above the letters, which was good to lighten the mood and give everyone a good laugh.

I use swing interchangeably with 'go' or 'launch'. Like, hey Batta batta SWING batta. There are lots of things that need to happen before 'go' in a high level swing. You covered them all. The dance with the pitcher is where I start my timing, these preswing movements are very important. I think pull back could be a good timing mechanism as well, ideally you want to 'go' right when you get the last little bit of pull back. Some young players are kind of stiff and not athletic(see sparty). Some people will take these inexperienced hitters and have them start in a loaded pulled back position. This is why I said front foot is a good timing mech for the OP. Another reason is you dont see any high level hitters 'go' before their front foot gets down. Some swing after their front foot gets down but those are usually against change ups. In a perfectly timed high level swing I see that front foot getting down before 'go'. Of course there is the possibility that somone will show a model swing where 'go' happens before the front foot plants. Havent seen it yet.

Hope I cleared things up and I stand with you on the DD thing.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Spartan,
No worries his DD is doing exactly what he instructs/post/give advice to others on. Dad should be proud.:rolleyes:
Don't ask the questions if you aren't going to like the answers.

How is your DD doing RDB? Swing footage? Stat line? Come on it cant be that bad! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12