Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I can't hide it anymore. You win. I'm so embarrassed, here it is..........

My DD
Zys4qcm.gif

Happy?

Never going to make it at the next level.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
My DD is doing fine.

When and if your DD plays in college you'll find out why you can't get or don't get game footage.

If I posted her stats you won't believe them any way so, why bother.

Again, my DD is playing in college. Maybe before you think you're going to try embarrassing me or my DD you should wait and see if your DD gets the same opportunity.

LOL! OK no game footage.... or cage work or anything, got it. I will never ask again.

You know, you embarrass yourself more than I do.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
You can't be this clueless. I posted your DD swing and for the record you posted your DD's swing and have a whole thread.
https://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/24360-swing-help.html
To point out your DD is doing what I've been saying all along. That the swing starts before the front foot touches the ground. Which is the opposite of what you said that the 'swing STARTS when the front foot is on the ground'.
Seems like someone is playing the symphony card.

OK you like that she leaks her pull back. I see that as a flaw, but if you like it it must be HL. haha. Judge and Posey keep their pull back until their front foot gets down. You have shared your opinion on my DDs swing(against Judges alma mater BTW), what do you think about Posey and Judge bat/front foot position at 'go'?

Dec 4, 2013
Nothing but respect for you Darrell. Im not angry at all, I dont get angry over discussing hitting. I dont get offended when people challenge my beliefs on hitting, I like it. Thats how I learn.

I think if you go back and look at the recent threads(or any of my posts) you will see I didnt start the DD talk. RDB used my DD in this thread. So I asked to see his DDs swing, which he said he would post and then his post mysteriously disappeared. I guess he wanted to use my DD against me but didnt want the same for himself. Does RDB think my DD leaking her pull back is the same as Posey getting his last little bit of pull back or did he post my DD to show her swing flaw? If he thinks her movement is the same as posey he is wrong, if he posted her to pull the DD card well, the ball is in his court. Spartans, cowardly did the same in another thread. He was afraid to show the result of his teaching but didnt hesitate to pull the DD card on me first. But he did walk outside with a broom stick and show his best attempt to hit an imaginary pitch above the letters, which was good to lighten the mood and give everyone a good laugh.

I use swing interchangeably with 'go' or 'launch'. Like, hey Batta batta SWING batta. There are lots of things that need to happen before 'go' in a high level swing. You covered them all. The dance with the pitcher is where I start my timing, these preswing movements are very important. I think pull back could be a good timing mechanism as well, ideally you want to 'go' right when you get the last little bit of pull back. Some young players are kind of stiff and not athletic(see sparty). Some people will take these inexperienced hitters and have them start in a loaded pulled back position. This is why I said front foot is a good timing mech for the OP. Another reason is you dont see any high level hitters 'go' before their front foot gets down. Some swing after their front foot gets down but those are usually against change ups. In a perfectly timed high level swing I see that front foot getting down before 'go'. Of course there is the possibility that somone will show a model swing where 'go' happens before the front foot plants. Havent seen it yet.

Hope I cleared things up and I stand with you on the DD thing.

The only person being laughed at in this thread is you. I cowardly did what?

You want to see what I teach, I showed you. I can duplicate what I teach to kids. If you would like to discuss that I am more than happy to. You're too worried about "taking people to the shed"........

Like I said before you are lost. You come here seeking advice for your daughter, yet also giving advice out. You don't know if you are coming or going. Darryl is a really nice guy. He just gave you the talk. You are out of line, get a clue.....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
OK you like that she leaks her pull back. I see that as a flaw, but if you like it it must be HL. haha. Judge and Posey keep their pull back until their front foot gets down. You have shared your opinion on my DDs swing(against Judges alma mater BTW), what do you think about Posey and Judge bat/front foot position at 'go'?

You have all the answers and you already said you don't respect or want my opinion. Ditto for me.
Our business/discussion is done. I was just setting the record straight. Good luck to your DD.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Nothing but respect for you Darrell. Im not angry at all, I dont get angry over discussing hitting. I dont get offended when people challenge my beliefs on hitting, I like it. Thats how I learn.

I think if you go back and look at the recent threads(or any of my posts) you will see I didnt start the DD talk. RDB used my DD in this thread. So I asked to see his DDs swing, which he said he would post and then his post mysteriously disappeared. I guess he wanted to use my DD against me but didnt want the same for himself. Does RDB think my DD leaking her pull back is the same as Posey getting his last little bit of pull back or did he post my DD to show her swing flaw? If he thinks her movement is the same as posey he is wrong, if he posted her to pull the DD card well, the ball is in his court. Spartans, cowardly did the same in another thread. He was afraid to show the result of his teaching but didnt hesitate to pull the DD card on me first. But he did walk outside with a broom stick and show his best attempt to hit an imaginary pitch above the letters, which was good to lighten the mood and give everyone a good laugh.

I use swing interchangeably with 'go' or 'launch'. Like, hey Batta batta SWING batta. There are lots of things that need to happen before 'go' in a high level swing. You covered them all. The dance with the pitcher is where I start my timing, these preswing movements are very important. I think pull back could be a good timing mechanism as well, ideally you want to 'go' right when you get the last little bit of pull back. Some young players are kind of stiff and not athletic(see sparty). Some people will take these inexperienced hitters and have them start in a loaded pulled back position. This is why I said front foot is a good timing mech for the OP. Another reason is you dont see any high level hitters 'go' before their front foot gets down. Some swing after their front foot gets down but those are usually against change ups. In a perfectly timed high level swing I see that front foot getting down before 'go'. Of course there is the possibility that somone will show a model swing where 'go' happens before the front foot plants. Havent seen it yet.

Hope I cleared things up and I stand with you on the DD thing.

Ian, if this matters at all, I really like a lot in your dd's swing. In fact, while for all of us, this is a journey, I think that she has a very good base.

Reactions: ian

ian

Jun 11, 2015
The only person being laughed at in this thread is you. I cowardly did what?

You want to see what I teach, I showed you. I can duplicate what I teach to kids. If you would like to discuss that I am more than happy to. You're too worried about "taking people to the shed"........

Like I said before you are lost. You come here seeking advice for your daughter, yet also giving advice out. You don't know if you are coming or going. Darryl is a really nice guy. He just gave you the talk. You are out of line, get a clue.....

I hope people are laughing! Thus is comedy! Yep, I come here asking for advise and I also give advise. Dont you do the same thing or do you believe you know it all? Tell me about how you check your swing by tightening up again, knowitall. When I check my swing I loosen my body to break the kinetic chain but I guess you have discovered another way. Lets talk hitting. Care to repost your deleted posts from this thread? Why did you delete them? Is it because after you looked at the swings you posted you realized I was right and instead of saying "I learned something" you deleted it and went on a personal attack? Out of line! You have to be joking.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I posted and started more threads on my DD than most,you included. Cannonball tried to explain why I don't post my DD's swing any more but, of course you are clueless'.
I just checked my DD's stats she batted .273 and an ob% of .308 as a freshman. I pm'd Spartan in case you think I'm lying.

Cannonball explained that there are AHs who will pull the DD card. I could have posted your DDs swing 100 times RDB but I didnt. Why didnt I post your DDs swing RDB?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Ian, if this matters at all, I really like a lot in your dd's swing. In fact, while for all of us, this is a journey, I think that she has a very good base.

Thanks Cannonball! Ill tell her you said that. And please, if you have any tips you think will help, pass them along.

Dec 4, 2013
I hope people are laughing! Thus is comedy! Yep, I come here asking for advise and I also give advise. Dont you do the same thing or do you believe you know it all? Tell me about how you check your swing by tightening up again, knowitall. When I check my swing I loosen my body to break the kinetic chain but I guess you have discovered another way. Lets talk hitting. Care to repost your deleted posts from this thread? Why did you delete them? Is it because after you looked at the swings you posted you realized I was right and instead of saying "I learned something" you deleted it and went on a personal attack? Out of line! You have to be joking.

I didn't delete any posts....:confused:

Can you post a video of you checking your swing? ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish