Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Didnt change anything RDB. Let me teach you. The swing starts with the barrel turn, not with pull back or load or any of the other terms used to describe pre swing movements.. If someone stops there pull back that isnt a check swing. When the barrel moves towards the ball then stops before crossing the plate, that is a check swing. Savy? Seems you are the person trying to change when the swing starts.

So RDB if you want to show me some game footage of a high level timed swing where the barrel starts to turn before the front foot gets down go right ahead. DO IT!

Im enjoying watching you battle your imaginary strawman argument.

You know the more you use your own words to describe the swing the more I think you are the one who is guessing.

This is what you said in post#6
The swing starts when the front foot hits the ground. You know that buddy. You cant start the swing until the front foot hits the ground, silly.
I said you're WRONG. The swing doesn't START when the front foot hits/touches the ground. It better Start long before that. You're the one with all the strawman arguments and guessing. Keep guessing and showing how foolish you are.

Judge's foot is still in the air and you are saying that he didn't start his swing yet:
tumblr_ot5lmwEDU01usf292o1_500.gif

You don't see the elbow begin to slot from the hands turning the handle. You don't see the barrel begin to turn rearward.
The swing starts with the barrel turn, not with pull back or load or any of the other terms used to describe pre swing movements..
Nope. The swing starts with the pulling back/loading and all the other terms you want to use. You are confusing 'launch'. Again I will say that the swing STARTS before the front foot hits the ground. You can have your hitters wait until their front foot hits the ground before STARTING their swings. I'll even (strawman) say that you probably tell your hitters not to START their swing until front foot heel plants. How's that.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The swing starts when the front foot hits the ground. You know that buddy. You cant start the swing until the front foot hits the ground, silly.
tumblr_ot7hjkVK5s1usf292o1_400.gif

HAHA...Be thankful your DD doesn't listen to you......

SILLY....FOOLISH.....ME
tumblr_ot7hugFJMc1usf292o1_250.gif

Someone must not be listening to the 'coach'. Good for her.
Either you're correct or me and your DD are correct. So, what now coach.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
No one should confuse Stretch-and-Fire for Contraction-and-Fire. Stretching and contracting are not the same. The 'stretch' that was being referred to takes place prior to the 'contraction'.

You are the one confused. Contraction of muscles is the stretch. There is no taking place prior.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
tumblr_ot7hjkVK5s1usf292o1_400.gif

HAHA...Be thankful your DD doesn't listen to you......

SILLY....FOOLISH.....ME
tumblr_ot7hugFJMc1usf292o1_250.gif

Someone must not be listening to the 'coach'. Good for her.
Either you're correct or me and your DD are correct. So, what now coach.

Lilly is leaking power in your GIF. She should be continuing to pull back through the swing. You really dont have a clue.

Lets see an update of your DD RDB.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Where did your post go RDB?

Im happy you are learning and self censoring.

Ill still take a look at that D3 swing if you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12