time for new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
daughter is 15, she is 6' tall weights around 180..big and strong. last season she used a 33/23 stealth and had a pretty good season in hs and asa ( she hit 17 hrs and batted over .500 in around 60 games combined). should she go a little bigger 34/26 maybe? idk if i want to mess with her swing with a larger heavier bat though... i'm really leaning to getting her a miken freak though since she went trough 2 bats last year (not a fan of the 2 piece eastons). i know a lot of ppl like the xeno but i hate the way they sound..lol

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
hmmm..i ve seen posts about andersons here and it seems everyone loves the older models not the newer ones..i have a friend that gets me bats at cost so i could have her try one 34/25 or stick with 33 length? good time to try new bat in off season

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
hmmm..i ve seen posts about andersons here and it seems everyone loves the older models not the newer ones..i have a friend that gets me bats at cost so i could have her try one 34/25 or stick with 33 length? good time to try new bat in off season

Steven Anderson (tumblebug)(anderson bat co) has a thread on another site that is about 60 pages. He says that the hugely accepted idea that older rocketechs are hotter ('04, '05, '07) is a complete myth, though the '11 and '12 will feel slightly lighter swinging.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

Try it out! Dd's 23oz rt weighs over 25 oz. It will feel different, but she would get used to it.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Steven Anderson (tumblebug)(anderson bat co) has a thread on another site that is about 60 pages. He says that the hugely accepted idea that older rocketechs are hotter ('04, '05, '07) is a complete myth, though the '11 and '12 will feel slightly lighter swinging.

Lee the^^^^^is true. The RT is a good option for a kid with good swing mechanics. It's a metal bat and will be slightly less forgiving on mis-hits than a composite, but hit it on the screws and it's at least as good if not better than any post-ABI composite IMO. Understand though that the RT is endloaded and endloaded bats feel and swing differently than balanced bats - regardless of manufacturer. I'd say try to borrow or demo one to try out, but if you can get it at cost, I'd pull the trigger on a new one (I'd say 33" not 34"). If DD doesn't like it, you should be able to move it without taking much of a hit. ABC also has the Techzilla (ABC's other double wall - the 2nd wall is inside the outer unlike the RT which has the 2nd wall as an outer sleeve), which is more balanced, and the top-end Nanotek (single wall), which is considered barrel weighted and has a very forgiving sweet spot. My DD swings 33" and 34" RTs or a 34" Nanotek if she's tired. Here's the dilema though - the Anderson '13 models are set to be released around Oct and there's tangible evidence that there will be a new flexlink RT, it has a composite handle w/ the traditional double-walled barrel that may be DD's Xmas present.

Oct 10, 2011
daughter is 15, she is 6' tall weights around 180..big and strong. last season she used a 33/23 stealth and had a pretty good season in hs and asa ( she hit 17 hrs and batted over .500 in around 60 games combined). should she go a little bigger 34/26 maybe? idk if i want to mess with her swing with a larger heavier bat though... i'm really leaning to getting her a miken freak though since she went trough 2 bats last year (not a fan of the 2 piece eastons). i know a lot of ppl like the xeno but i hate the way they sound..lol
She would love the Freak. If she's picky about color etc.. There are a couple special editions out there that are cool. Jumping an ounce, and an inch was a little difficult for my DD so beware of going up to much in weight if she's hitting that well already.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd is 5'6" and 128. She used a 33/24 synergy this past summer. If she at her size could handle the bigger bat, I am very confident your dd can move up to even bigger if she wants.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
lee, if you will PM me, I will tell you what bigger bats I have acquired that wouldn't break the bank and you could try one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi