Throw from 3rd/SS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
We have a player that can make nice throws from SS to 1st, 3rd to 1st you have no idea where the ball is going. Well you do have a clue because from 3rd to 1st the ball is not going anywhere near the 1st basemen.

This is an 11YO but the distance of the throw is close to the same isn’t it? SS might even be deeper.

It needs to be mental I think.

Oct 10, 2011
Throw

My guess without seeing video is that it is the difference in the angle and shes not getting her body in the proper position to make the throw. We worked a lot on good footwork when dd went to 3rd.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Sounds mental.

Here's an idea...

On an imaginary line (or, hell, even scratch a line in the dirt) between 1B and 3B have her start at half the distance between the bases, field an easy grounder, and throw to 1B. Every time she makes a good throw (or maybe 3 in a row?), have her back up a step. Continue until she is throwing from 3B. Make the grounders easy enough that they aren't a challenge and the focus is on making a good throw.

Jun 24, 2013
She is good and if they are both playing the field DD will be at 3rd right now because DD is better at 3rd.

At 11 I would like to get the other player to be able to play 3rd too for her own benefit, nothing to do with DD.

I was just being sarcastic about that SS is my DD's position comment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1