Throw from 3rd/SS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
I think so.

In my mind is make sure she steps with her back foot and gets it perpendicular to 1st. She does not have the arm strength to make the throw with her arm so make sure she is pointed the right way and letting her core muscles help her.

Edit:

My DD has her own throwing Issues from 3rd. I am not sure when it started but she steps towards the 2nd basemen and throws the ball when at a 45 degree angle, if that make sense. She is making the throws so I decided to wait until the offseason to fix it.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
you are talking about keeping the plant foot perpindicular to the line of throw, right?-

Yes...kids are always told to line up their shoulders to their target, then point your glove to the target, etc, etc, etc.

The best and most natural way to do this is to place your plant foot with the inseam facing your target...the body will naturally align itself up starting at the hips and up through the trunk to shoulders. Doesn't matter what position you are playing or where you need to throw the ball; this is the best technique to help with direction accuracy.....If that plant foot is not properly positioned (ie if the inseam is facing to the right of 1st base by 20 degrees or so), then her shoulders will naturally get out of line to where she is trying to point them; the shoulders will naturally & automaticallyline themselves up 20 degrees to the right of 1st base...if that makes any sense at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd