Thoughts on 10u daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
Hard to say 100% because of the grass, but it sure looks like she slides her back foot off the rubber on her take away. This is an IP, and you'll want to nip that ASAP.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
Love seeing her wearing a mask!! Also love what she is doing with her hands on her takeaway. I am working with my DD on changing her take away to look a lot more like this.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Hard to say 100% because of the grass, but it sure looks like she slides her back foot off the rubber on her take away. This is an IP, and you'll want to nip that ASAP.

Yep, she definitely steps back before she pitches. That is still legal in LL for some reason but not in any other code. Has to be the first thing fixed.

She is very straight armed through the pitch. Look at about 0:07 in the video and everything is very straight and even locked out. My DD's pitching coach talks about looking like a 'W' rather than a 'K' or 'T'. Relax and whip rather than big circle and torque.

There is a lot to like here though. Like the nice high knee on the stride leg. Fixing the step back will hopefully make her feel more like a sprint start than a running start but the concept is right.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Overall, she looked good for a first year pitcher, but it was tough to see some detail in the video. Do you have any video a little closer up and without the shade? As 2 DD Coach suggested a video in dirt would be best (practicing on dirt is better as well.) Is she hurting? Hard to tell but it looked like she was holding her hip. Is she borrowing someone's glove? Looked a like a 13+!

Overall, she looked good for a first year pitcher, but it was tough to see some detail in the video. Do you have any video a little closer up and without the shade? As 2 DD Coach suggested a video in dirt would be best (practicing on dirt is better as well.) Is she hurting? Hard to tell but it looked like she was holding her hip. Is she borrowing someone's glove? Looked a like a 13+!

Will try to get some other video up....As for her hip she just always puts her hand on her hip when finished...especially during practice not so much during game or scrimmage time. Glove is a 12.5.

I have nothing valuable to add. But the audio had me crying with laughter...lol.

Yes ......I chuckled about that one myself also...I forgot to hit the audio off option before I slow-motioned it and uploaded it....Sorry that will not happen again....And on a side note do you know Tom Wennerberger (sp) from Breakers?

Apr 25, 2010
Yes ......I chuckled about that one myself also...I forgot to hit the audio off option before I slow-motioned it and uploaded it....Sorry that will not happen again....And on a side note do you know Tom Wennerberger (sp) from Breakers?

I have heard the name but do not know him. Why do you ask?

I have heard the name but do not know him. Why do you ask?

My daughter had some things happen to her during try-outs, one of which after making the breakers he had to tell they were not going to have a 10u team because they could not find a coach. He and his wife were so impressed with my daughter that he said he knew someone in your organization I think by the name of Wolfe (although I am not sure) that he would be glad to contact if we could not find a team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA