This year’s Injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
This year’s Injury

12YO DD doesn’t seem to have any luck:

8U: Fractured her figure batting, Doctor said she could play with a splint so this does not really count.
10U: In a walking boot for the 1st half of the season, missed 1/2 the season
1st year 12U: In a walking boot in middle of the season, missed @1/3 of the games
2nd year 12U: Broken toe missed the middle third of the season
1st year 14U(this year): Severely sprained ankle, out for at least 1/3 of the season. C tried to pick her off 1st and DD hit the base wrong with her foot, at least the runner on 3rd scored.

At least nothing is broken this year, yet anyways.

Missing the middle of the season is tough because it seems like she starts getting going and has to stop and startup again. The coaches also find ways to replace her so she gets bump out of her preferred positions.

Dec 7, 2011
I would bet ya you are not as alone as you might think in being the parent of a DD that seems to always be battling health.

Oct 10, 2011
I feel for you James...I often wonder if it's worth it. Btw when DD severely sprained her ankle last year, we came back too fast and was out even longer. Now we use ankle braces. We turned it into a positive and focused really hard on throwing technique and it has changed her game. When she was out with kidney problems, we focused on the mental game. Keep her focused:)

Feb 19, 2012
West US
My DD has had 2 broken legs, 2 broken fingers, dislocated knee cap requiring surgery, all softball related.

I feel you pain to the disruption and pocketbook.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1