This Old Man is dusting off the cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Once leveraged, "down to".. Gives yourself a chance on pitches up in the zone..

zomqMuE.gif

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
They look similar to me.. Did you pull the ball more in the left clip ?
Nope, tee was setup in the same location, as you can see my feet are in the same position. Both resulted in the ball being hit down the middle.

The swing on the right, I did what Mudders asked me to do and not think about anything except hitting line drives

The swing on the left I made a conscious effort to get the body more involved to power the swing, and position to get behind and through the ball more. I tried to take hands out of the equation altogether.

Personally I prefer the swing on the left, it felt effortless and more compact.. of course there are many flaws. I'm comparing to my other swings so the bar isn't that high LOL

May 12, 2016
Watched the game, very good. I like watching all the Jays young hitters.
Bull pen has killed them this year... but starting to look a little better now. Regardless, win or lose, an exciting team to watch right now

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Bull pen has killed them this year... but starting to look a little better now. Regardless, win or lose, an exciting team to watch right now

Sounds like we (Twins) came out ok in the Berrios trade..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Nope, tee was setup in the same location, as you can see my feet are in the same position. Both resulted in the ball being hit down the middle.

The swing on the right, I did what Mudders asked me to do and not think about anything except hitting line drives

The swing on the left I made a conscious effort to get the body more involved to power the swing, and position to get behind and through the ball more. I tried to take hands out of the equation altogether.

Personally I prefer the swing on the left, it felt effortless and more compact.. of course there are many flaws. I'm comparing to my other swings so the bar isn't that high LOL

Next time try to use your middle to move you fyb and swing.. IOW's allow the stride to happen as a result. Think of the legs as anchors (supporters).

apmXUw5.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877