This is the new me (just for fun)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I use my dd's fielding mask, as well. I need to invest in a good pair of shin guards - the ones that I borrowed from the LL have a strap missing, no clips on some of the straps, etc. I spent more time messing with them. I decided to forego them a few times within the past couple of months and my thigh and ankle have paid dearly. A new pair of contacts would probably help, as well.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
After taking a bounce to the chin, I decided I should really not catch for my dd anymore without some degree of protection. I'm just not fast enough to adjust to either a drop ball or just a bad pitch that takes a weird hop. So I use her face mask, and got some leg guards. Now I can pretend I'm a softball player. Fun :D

View attachment 9849

Almost perfect. Just add some dirt and turn that smile into a smirk or scowl if you want people to think you were a bad a** catching beast in a former life.

Dec 20, 2012
After taking a bounce to the chin, I decided I should really not catch for my dd anymore without some degree of protection. I'm just not fast enough to adjust to either a drop ball or just a bad pitch that takes a weird hop. So I use her face mask, and got some leg guards. Now I can pretend I'm a softball player. Fun :D

View attachment 9849

If I was smart I would take a lesson from you. Over Christmas break caught dd for the first time in 3-4 months. Wore the usual shorts and flip flops and paid the price. CU to the top of the foot and drop ball one hopper to the shin. This old man gets rusty quick! lol

Dec 28, 2015
Schaumburg, IL
I just invested in a pair of steel toe gym shoes after taking one to the toe recently. Last season I had a black toenail for about 9 months and really don't want to go through that again. I think the shin guards will be next.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I wear shin guards most every practice now but I bought a helmet that fits both my daughter and me. I wear the helmet when the sun starts going down and the ball is harder to see.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma