The rear leg

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2010
Well Noon - only for it's entertainment value will I respond.....

So - you are saying that if the hips are open slightly and the rear foot is perp to the batters box the femur has to be externally rotated?

Uh, duh, that's a fact. What position do YOU think it's in? Is your body built differently than everyone else?

What magical bio-mechanic do you think makes the front hip move away from the plate while the back foot is weighted?

The entertainment value for me, is the ignorance that you and HYP and NoonTime show every time you talk about how the body moves.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Well Noon - only for it's entertainment value will I respond.....

Yeah, I thought the first couple times of debating this were entertaining too...."up equals down....internal equals external....look at the action going on in this still picture....I don't understand the research that is never provided from experts with phds."

It has gotten to be a bit ground hog day ish.
tumblr_lysdu15UhX1qmzxy4o1_400.gif

May 16, 2010
Yeah, I thought the first couple times of debating this were entertaining too...."up equals down....internal equals external....look at the action going on in this still picture....I don't understand the research that is never provided from experts with phds."

It has gotten to be a bit ground hog day ish.
tumblr_lysdu15UhX1qmzxy4o1_400.gif

I guess I can add you to the list who simply don't comprehend the facts. I find it entertaining also. Maybe someday, the light will go on, and you'll get it.

R

RayR

I can IR the femur quite easily in the position you are describing....in fact if I turned the femur the other way I would be ready to get on a horse....

But really this embarrassment of a post just shows you have no clue how to coil the rear leg into the rear hip socket or vice versa....

Everyone get up out of your chairs.....point the rear toes straight ahead of you...open your hips slightly and turn the femur towards your groin.....if you do it right your knee doesn't even move all that much....

Uh, duh, that's a fact. What position do YOU think it's in? Is your body built differently than everyone else?

What magical bio-mechanic do you think makes the front hip move away from the plate while the back foot is weighted?

The entertainment value for me, is the ignorance that you and HYP and NoonTime show every time you talk about how the body moves.

May 16, 2010
I can IR the femur quite easily in the position you are describing....in fact if I turned the femur the other way I would be ready to get on a horse....

But really this embarrassment of a post just shows you have no clue how to coil the rear leg into the rear hip socket or vice versa....

Everyone get up out of your chairs.....point the rear toes straight ahead of you...open your hips slightly and turn the femur towards your groin.....if you do it right your knee doesn't even move all that much....

I feel embarrassed for you.

Do you mean turn the foot with the femur, or do you mean leave the foot pointing forward?

If the foot is pointing forward, and your hip is open your femur is NOT internally rotated.

Answer this please; when you throw a ball against a steel wall, what makes the ball bounce off the wall?

R

RayR

Is there no flex in your ankle and knee joints to permit the femur to turn in? What if you stick your butt out a little? Does that help you? Constant IR pressure of the femur....

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I feel embarrassed for you.

Do you mean turn the foot with the femur, or do you mean leave the foot pointing forward?

If the foot is pointing forward, and your hip is open your femur is NOT internally rotated.

Answer this please; when you throw a ball against a steel wall, what makes the ball bounce off the wall?

I'm guessing an ER'd femur ;)

May 16, 2010
Is there no flex in your ankle and knee joints to permit the femur to turn in? What if you stick your butt out a little? Does that help you? Constant IR pressure of the femur....

Two points;

First one; you said, "..point the rear toes straight ahead of you...open your hips slightly"

Do you understand that the action of opening your hips slightly was done by muscle action that applies external rotation force to the back femur?

Then you said, "turn the femur towards your groin." Yes, this now reduces the amount of external rotation that was there, But, if you keep the foot down, there is still external rotation. You can't get to neutral or IR unless you pivot the foot.

Second Point;

You can only turn the foot into IR if it has no weight on it, or no friction holding it. If it has weight on it, and you apply the muscles that cause IR, the front hip will close.

The knee and ankle bend does not change the IR/ER angle, it changes the abduct/adduct angle.

You simply don't have the knowledge of anatomy, necessary to understand what I'm telling you.

Please answer the physics question regarding the ball bouncing off of a wall.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1