The good life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
This is our first weekend off since April. It's only about 80 degrees (been 100+ for 2 weeks). I've got the smoker filled with ribs and pork butt. The cooler is full of buds and summer shandy. All the neighbors gone on vacation. "It doesn't get much better than this."

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I was following you, until you got to the "summer shandy." What is that?

Good luck. It is too good to be true. Someone is about to call, with a flat tire, 30 miles from you and you are going to have to go lay on your back and change a tire. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I had to look it up too Amy. Never heard of them.

A shandy, or shandygaff, is beer mixed with citrus-flavored soda, carbonated lemonade, ginger beer, ginger ale, or cider. The proportions of the two ingredients are adjusted to taste, normally half-and-half. There are also non-alcoholic shandies known as "rock shandies".

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
After yesterday's brutal outing, the girls playing 3 in 100+ temps that sounds so cool and refreshing.

Enjoy the BBQ and buds.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Oh man! Didnt put my watch on so I didn't even know what time it is. Just looked, almost 5:00 and the temp is 83. So much nicer then it has been. Been doing a good job of pacing on the shandys (ours are beer with a splash of ice cold lemonade flavored citron vodka). Day off of work tomorrow. It just keeps getting better.

I feel for you insidepitch. We played 8:00/12:30/4:00 and 6:30 last Sunday at 104 degrees. It took me unil Wednesday before I felt like doing anything except sleep.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Glad you're having fun. We finally have a weekend off too but my DD wanted to go and practice and it's still 100 out. It was fun though and now time to try my first shandygaff. Guiness and gingerail? I may puke but I'll try:)

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Inside: It was 103 down in West Deptford where we were on Saturday. We found a bit of shade under a few trees but it was brutal on the pitchers & catchers.

Mar 13, 2010
I didn't know shandy's could have anything but lemonade in them. My mum has them on a hot day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877