Thank you DFP, and I could use afavor!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I know this might be a sore subject, but exporting composite technology overseas is not easy. I know it seems like they are importing the bats but you have to export the plans and the knowledge. The US government makes companies jump through a lot of hoops to export composites...And it is hard to make bats competitively in the US. This maybe limiting competition, but not as much as the big fish swallowing all the smaller players.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think this is a decision not to reply to any of us, take whatever hits, and let this blow over. They figure at some point we will all want new bats, and will eventually go to Big Box to get the bats. If they get some ill will towards the company, they figure it is worth it to protect Big Box.

You are exactly right...this is exactly what they are doing. They couldn't care less about anybody, they figure this will blow over and people will buy their bats from who THEY want you to buy from. Which is why they did what they did. They want people to spend more money and
the big stores just want the same thing. How can anybody not think its ridiculous to rip people off like whats going to happen. 150 bucks on an LXT and CF bat...120 bucks on a Xeno...come on!! I hope people think about that when they think about buying one of these bats. And the bigger guy
pay less for the bats, so they make even more.

And I will tell you one thing, I spoke to their VP of sales a while ago and he down right lied to me. Very disrespectful human being and cares
about nothing but his pocket. I was even shocked how sh!tty a corp guy could be.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I know this might be a sore subject, but exporting composite technology overseas is not easy. I know it seems like they are importing the bats but you have to export the plans and the knowledge. The US government makes companies jump through a lot of hoops to export composites...And it is hard to make bats competitively in the US. This maybe limiting competition, but not as much as the big fish swallowing all the smaller players.

Sorry, not feeling the corporate megaliths' pain, if they made the bats in the US they wouldn't be able to make the 100% profit they do now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
who owns combat bats?

Bauer owns Easton and Combat...and Easton took in Combat and dissolved them. Now Easton is up for auction. Kind of a weird
type auction. They have a buyer at 392 million if it doesn't sell for that. If it does go higher, it will be sold to that bidder.

Since we are retailers for them, we got all the legal write up on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi