Thank you DFP, and I could use afavor!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not a surprise, they have no good public answer why they are cutting middle class people out of business, other than
the truth...to make more money for the big stores and they sure as hell cant just write that to customers.

They figure they will wait out the emails and it will be forgotten and they can go about their business as usual when the
new bats come out. Plain and simple.
I don't even think you will get a form letter. And if you do, it will be such a bullsh!t letter just trying to say how they care about
customers and how the stores they have "chosen" to sell their product were picked as well because they care...haha.

You guys know how it works.

And again, thank you to everybody that's sending an email helping to support and anybody else who hasn't, please do...it probably
annoys everybody that get these emails and I guarantee people are reading them!!!!

Jan 22, 2011
I got an auto-reply from one that they were at the Super Bowl, so might want to wait until Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday to send anymore.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I got an auto-reply from one that they were at the Super Bowl, so might want to wait until Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday to send anymore.

Good idea.

The point is, we can't let them wait out the storm.

Wait a few days, then fire again.

I was thinking about calling their 800 number, but all that would do would be to tie up the lines for some minimum wage call service person.

CONTACT US
Headquarters:
Wilson
8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
Chicago, IL 60631

Hours of Operation:
Monday–Friday (9am–9pm EST)

Customer Service:
Phone: 1-800-874-5930

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I sent a new email to everyone on Tom's list.

Is this getting too nasty?

From the last few lines of my email:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Core Softball company has been a great supporter of the entire softball community. *This is seen by many people, including myself, as an insult to the softball community as a whole.

Not only that, but I sent an earlier email to multiple people, and never got a reply.

Please explain to me why I should ever buy a Wilson bat for my daughter again.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I think this is a decision not to reply to any of us, take whatever hits, and let this blow over. They figure at some point we will all want new bats, and will eventually go to Big Box to get the bats. If they get some ill will towards the company, they figure it is worth it to protect Big Box.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I think this is a decision not to reply to any of us, take whatever hits, and let this blow over. They figure at some point we will all want new bats, and will eventually go to Big Box to get the bats. If they get some ill will towards the company, they figure it is worth it to protect Big Box.

Probably right. However, how long did it take Easton to fully recover from their head honcho's disastrous decision to abstain from the Olympic vote? I honestly don't think they ever did. I, to this day, refuse to buy an Easton product. Now, I've added Wilson to my list. There are far too many great competitors out there that can compete with the best of both company's products to have to purchase one of theirs.

ETA: And yes, I understand that they probably corner 80% of the market between the two. Luckily, as much as I loathe What Steve Anderson's brother did to him, there's still Rawlings products out there as well as old RT's and new/repackaged Anderson products out there..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi