Thank you DFP, and I could use afavor!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
And that's exactly what they are doing Josh, and I appreciate what you are doing. You are a straight up guy. They have completely lost focus
of business because they feel they are the only game in town so they can treat people like sh!t. And honestly, they probably
can. I don't know the amount of texts I have gotten for bats and 95% couldn't care less about the situation, they are
just going elsewhere. So, if people are willing to take it, it proves their point. I have stopped wanting to help people because I'm sick
of the, "oh, guess I will buy somewhere else, but can you help me pick the bat I need" response. I was just
a piece in their puzzle to get bigger, and once POS stores like Justbats and such got pissed they were losing business, then
it was ok to ruin the middle class, middle tier guys who bust their azz. They want their 150 buck per bat profit.
I really wish all these customers could trade places with the people that got screwed by Wilson, and see how we were treated.
The lack of respect and pure lack of consideration from them. Maybe then people would want to make a change.

So I'm actually really pissed about this. I would rather not give Wilson any more of my business. My next bat I'm going to be looking for a used later model. But going forward, what other brands have a good product? I'd like to support them instead. Mizuno? Marucci? Anderson? Anything else out there? What can "we" as a group do?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Basically nothing, you buy or not. Until another "player" gets in the game, they can run do what they want. So I am
here with 20% of my business left while the bigger boys call the shots and Wilson suits do what they want.

It is what it is at this point.

There is a big store in Georgia that literally called LS 2 years ago and lied to them about me breaking
map on forums to try and get me in trouble. And in the PM he sent me called me every name in the book
and every insult you could throw at me...haha. Kinda made me laugh.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And that is the problem with monopolies.

Technically, Wilson is not a monopoly, but they are pretty close to it.

When you have a monopoly, you charge whatever you want, treat people however you want to treat people, and their choices are the same that Hobson gave.

For those who don't know Hobson:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Hobson's choice

Absolutely right, they are a monopoly but not called it. They have the 2 best selling brands.

And don't worry, the next little guy that starts selling too many bats will be "next"

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So I'm actually really pissed about this. I would rather not give Wilson any more of my business. My next bat I'm going to be looking for a used later model. But going forward, what other brands have a good product? I'd like to support them instead. Mizuno? Marucci? Anderson? Anything else out there? What can "we" as a group do?

Personally, I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Rawlings Quatro, and would consider it a viable candidate for those looking for a balanced -10 bat.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
Personally, I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Rawlings Quatro, and would consider it a viable candidate for those looking for a balanced -10 bat.

I agree with this. DD is currently using Quatro and loves it. She also has a nighthawk and MFB. The nighthawk never performed at the same level as her other bats. It is collecting dust now.

Jul 14, 2010
I only got to buy one bat from you, but I am wondering what you could do with all that knowledge - book deal, app... something to license to them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Will they realistically do that? It appears that they have consolidated all fastpitch under the Rawlings brand, including bats.

No, but they could bring it out under the Rawlings name. The technology is in Worth ASA bats as well now. So would love to
see that technology be moved into the Rawlings equipment

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619