Tee swing vs game swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2008
I have noticed sometimes that our girls Tee swings do not look like their game swings, I always thought both swings should be the same but most of them do not get it. Alot of time they are too focused on hitting the ball off the tee that they are not hitting like they would live. How can we go about fixing this?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Generally the issue I deal with is that the tee swings are superior to the game-like swings.

Make sure that when your hitters are performing tee swings that their eyes are focused ahead on an imaginary pitcher ... from the beginning of their running start (hip cock) through to swing initiation.

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Sometimes it just involves practice and getting used to hitting the ball off the tee and not hitting the tee itself. I have also seen many cases where, when hitting off a tee or with soft toss, young girls will develop a 'routine' swing. The action is kind of smooth and rhythmic and not very dynamic, this happens especially in cases where they hit into a fence. When I can I prefer to have girls use a tee or hit soft toss into a field where they can see how far it goes. I will use outfielders if I have the chance and tell the hitter to see if they can knock it over the players heads. You can also scrimmage using the tee, this will encourage them to hit it hard and also to hit the ball directionally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks