Team websites - Useful?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
A topic came up this week at practice that I wanted some advice/input on. I offered to build a website for our team and got to thinking about it more last night. How many teams have websites? I'm not counting Facebook or Eteam sites (which I consider generic sites more for photos & conversation). Is it important tool to advertise your team towards college coaches? How many coaches look at websites to gather information? Of the 15-20 teams in my area only one organization has a website for their 4 teams and it rarely gets updated.

Jul 2, 2013
We have a local travel team which has a website. Keeps it up to date.

The best feature is using GameChanger connected to a live scoring application. They also automatically send email's to anyone who wants to follow.

Definitely a plus to get the players followed. The live scoring, and summary app thing, which automatically e-mail's people interested is a great thing. Interested followers want to see game summaries, and statistics. The sooner, the better.

A web site which requires folks to always look-up, and not updated every week does not work.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
I do not have an opinion if you should have a website or not but if you do it needs to be kept up to date with information. I have a poor opinion of organizations that have websites with old information.

If your tryout were Aug. 1st advertise them on your website then delete the message once you have your Team or modify the message saying how great the tryouts were and you are still looking for a player.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012
We have a local travel team which has a website. Keeps it up to date.

The best feature is using GameChanger connected to a live scoring application. They also automatically send email's to anyone who wants to follow.

we do that and still use our "eteamz" account to avoid annual URL's fees....still works great and we are closing in on 40,000 hits....with 7 out of 12 committed so far and two years to go still....someone other than parents are viewing the site....

Oct 19, 2009
I can tell you they are useful to me as an opposing coach. First I will input your roster into my ipad to save our scorekeeper time between games - especially when coaches want to wait till the flip to exchange line ups! Second if we are playing unfamiliar teams, often times I can look at the team's schedules to get an idea how serious the team is about softball. That is often how we determine who is pitching what game during pool play (obviously this is subject to last minute changes though).

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
I have has a team website in the past as a team (exteams). The team DD was on as of yeaterday has a team website (clubspaces).
They are time consuming to create and to set up. Team uses Facebook now. Much easier and you are automatically updated when there is new info added.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish