Mental health help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2018
Please feel free to share this in other sections of DFP:

I've been writing this and re-writing this several times, trying to find the right words for this because it's an important topic and something like this is pretty unique. We all know mental health is in the news now more than ever and these issues effect coaches and players a great deal. I know I've recommended on this website, other websites, and in my lessons that teams/parents/pitchers should work with Sports Psychologists on the mental side of pitching, how to stay focused, how to manage anxiety, etc. This shouldn't need to be said but I'm going to say it anyway, I am not getting a commission or anything for this post. I just think it's a service many could benefit from. Derek is a great guy with a HUGE softball background.

Derek Mayson is the starting 3rd baseman and Captain for the Canadian National men's team (and is also a REALLY good pitcher!). Unbeknownst to me, Derek had to deal with his own issues of anxiety as a player and even took a season off to deal with things. Now Derek has opened a business that is specialized in players and teams, helping their mental health in athletes and coaches. I am pretty sure he has both individual and team programs.

• Locked In Mental Training Program: https://www.lockedinmentaltraining.com/
  • Developed by current Team Canada Men's National Team Captain, previous World Champion and Pan Am Games Gold Medalist whose become a leader in the mental skills training space having worked to overcome some challenges earlier in his career
  • 6-week online guided course that teaches athletes and coaches about the mind, how to perform in the present, how to work with challenging thinking, how to connect with inner belief and how to address common obstacles like slumps, fear of failure, etc.
  • Users access it through their phone or other device and listen to a 3-4 min audio clip every day and perform some exercises to reinforce the learnings
  • It's priced very reasonably at $49.95 per user and there are team/association discounts available
  • Any questions you can reach Derek at derek@lockedinmentaltraining.com
This might be the perfect gift of that coach in your life, that softball player, or any athlete. I hope you all will contact Derek with questions and really consider this for yourselves, your team, or your individual player. We always talk about the mental side being something we all need help with, here is your chance.

Bill
Thanks Bill, my DD struggles with anxiety and she’s trying this program. 6 days in, she says she likes it so far. Anyone else interested check with me mid June and I’ll give a full report!

Aug 21, 2008
Thanks Bill, my DD struggles with anxiety and she’s trying this program. 6 days in, she says she likes it so far. Anyone else interested check with me mid June and I’ll give a full report!

I'm glad it's working for you. Derek Mayson is a great guy (and great ball player). I am looking forward to your full report!

Nov 15, 2019

How's the course going so far?

Aug 21, 2008
Please feel free to share this in other sections of DFP:

I've been writing this and re-writing this several times, trying to find the right words for this because it's an important topic and something like this is pretty unique. We all know mental health is in the news now more than ever and these issues effect coaches and players a great deal. I know I've recommended on this website, other websites, and in my lessons that teams/parents/pitchers should work with Sports Psychologists on the mental side of pitching, how to stay focused, how to manage anxiety, etc. This shouldn't need to be said but I'm going to say it anyway, I am not getting a commission or anything for this post. I just think it's a service many could benefit from. Derek is a great guy with a HUGE softball background.

Derek Mayson is the starting 3rd baseman and Captain for the Canadian National men's team (and is also a REALLY good pitcher!). Unbeknownst to me, Derek had to deal with his own issues of anxiety as a player and even took a season off to deal with things. Now Derek has opened a business that is specialized in players and teams, helping their mental health in athletes and coaches. I am pretty sure he has both individual and team programs.

• Locked In Mental Training Program: https://www.lockedinmentaltraining.com/
  • Developed by current Team Canada Men's National Team Captain, previous World Champion and Pan Am Games Gold Medalist whose become a leader in the mental skills training space having worked to overcome some challenges earlier in his career
  • 6-week online guided course that teaches athletes and coaches about the mind, how to perform in the present, how to work with challenging thinking, how to connect with inner belief and how to address common obstacles like slumps, fear of failure, etc.
  • Users access it through their phone or other device and listen to a 3-4 min audio clip every day and perform some exercises to reinforce the learnings
  • It's priced very reasonably at $49.95 per user and there are team/association discounts available
  • Any questions you can reach Derek at derek@lockedinmentaltraining.com
This might be the perfect gift of that coach in your life, that softball player, or any athlete. I hope you all will contact Derek with questions and really consider this for yourselves, your team, or your individual player. We always talk about the mental side being something we all need help with, here is your chance.

Bill

RAD just liked this, so I'm going to bump it to the top. I hope people will read the original post and reach out if they need this help. You won't be disappointed.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
RAD just liked this, so I'm going to bump it to the top. I hope people will read the original post and reach out if they need this help. You won't be disappointed.
Absolutely support a positive mindset and the encouragement knowing we can learn to use it!!!
Mr. B @Hillhouse 👍🏆🏁

Jan 6, 2018
How's the course going so far?
She got a little side tracked with the final few weeks of school - she'll need a few weeks yet to finish. Some of it can be rather difficult to accomplish with a school day followed by a game or practice then homework. Now that school's out she's making time for this and driver's ed. (Terrifying)
She struggled a little in the circle a few days ago and told me she came home and did a few excercises. She said it helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802