Team Rules~No player/parent interaction at the ballpark

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
Do you do it during a concert or recital?

In golf or tennis coaching during a match is prohibited. Why is it that with baseball and softball parents feel the need to shout mechanical advice/tips/reminders during a game?

Coach her all you want during the week, no issues there.
I was very specific in what I was replying to. Didn't say anything about an in a game situation.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
In golf or tennis coaching during a match is prohibited.
Wow coaching prohibited.

And both of those Sports the fans are pretty much quiet except for applause after a shot.

No fans/coaches berating the line officials or judges.

Spoiled....😎🥳

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I was very specific in what I was replying to. Didn't say anything about an in a game situation.
Lol... so no flash cards that you hold up in the stands behind home plate...

Super joking!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Never been to a tennis match?
Remember a time someone took me on a date to a tennis tournament. During the match I stood up from my seat because had to go use the restroom and one of the ushers actually told me I needed to sit back down.
And did the finger over the lips shush at me.
Had to wait till a certain time in the match when I could get up to leave.

Seriously! and this is an event where they sell alcohol.

Jun 19, 2016
Not arguing or even disagreeing, just curious why you think that? It seems many people do. Is there some kind of research out there to back this up? Based on your experience maybe? Or just an overall feeling?

Is this the case in other hobbies/activities? DD also plays percussion, and since I've been drumming for 30+ years, I sometimes give her pointers, or what I guess could be considered lessons from time to time. Same thing or not so muc
Not arguing or even disagreeing, just curious why you think that? It seems many people do. Is there some kind of research out there to back this up? Based on your experience maybe? Or just an overall feeling?

Is this the case in other hobbies/activities? DD also plays percussion, and since I've been drumming for 30+ years, I sometimes give her pointers, or what I guess could be considered lessons from time to time. Same thing or not so much?
This is just based on my experience of observing my own daughter and other kids....and just reflecting on my own past. Teens just don't listen to their parents. I realize there are many they coach their kid and some they do it well, but it isn't easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi