Team intentionally hits umpire as retaliation for "bad calls"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
If an umpire is destroying years of hard work as a vendetta then I can't say I blame the girls or the coach. I blame the guy that isn't being fair in his officiating.

If it's OK to bean an umpire as payback, then what is wrong with an umpire having a vendetta as payback?

Both are wrong, of course. I suspect that you have issues w/ umpires that are making it hard for you to see this objectively.

Feb 7, 2013
While we are at it, a couple of other STUPID things that coaches/players do in retaliation:

- intentionally hitting a batter who your pitcher gave up a homerun to in a previous inning;
- intentionally hitting a batter on the other team that just intentionally hit your batter because he hit a home run;
- intentionally throwing a pitch at a batter's ribs who might have glanced in to "peak" at catcher location.

A softball/baseball can do some real damage and serious injury to players, what is wrong with these coaches and/or players who do this?

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
While we are at it, a couple of other STUPID things that coaches/players do in retaliation:

- intentionally hitting a batter who your pitcher gave up a homerun to in a previous inning;
- intentionally hitting a batter on the other team that just intentionally hit your batter because he hit a home run;
- intentionally throwing a pitch at a batter's ribs who might have glanced in to "peak" at catcher location.

A softball/baseball can do some real damage and serious injury to players, what is wrong with these coaches and/or players who do this?

Is hitting the mascot still ok? ;) In all seriousness I tell our girls that if someone asks/tells you to do something unsportsmanlike that they are responsible for their decisions. Another one of my favorite lines every choice has a consequence. So chose wisely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors